Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Ramp in Door County WI or Escanaba MI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127732-boat-ramp-door-county-wi-escanaba-mi.html)

klaw 04-17-2006 09:32 AM

Boat Ramp in Door County WI or Escanaba MI

Well I am going to dio another lake michigan vacation and would like to Launch as far north in door county as I can am going to Beaver Island and makinaw in mid July
I used to launch in marianette but this time would like to launch in door county an alternatineve would be to launch in Escanaba

wrinkleface 04-17-2006 12:48 PM

Re: Boat Ramp in Door County WI or Escanaba MI

Originally Posted by klaw
Well I am going to dio another lake michigan vacation and would like to Launch as far north in door county as I can am going to Beaver Island and makinaw in mid July
I used to launch in marianette but this time would like to launch in door county an alternatineve would be to launch in Escanaba

If U want 2 consider doing the west MI. side of MI (east side of lake MI), Charlevoix has a good launch. Use it about every w/e in the summer. about 30 miles or so nw to Beaver and up around the top 2 Mac., not sure-60-70 miles maybe!! Good luck, Wrink

klaw 04-17-2006 01:49 PM

Yes I have boated over there a few time and love it but first big trip for my girlfriend on the boat and I love the Lake Crossing. Always like the Flatiron grill in Petosky

Boomer 880 04-17-2006 02:14 PM

There is a very nice launch in Sturgeon Bay with easy in and out. We left our truck and trailer there for a week and everything was OK when we got back.

RMPRam 04-17-2006 02:21 PM

I've also launched my 38 Cigarette, numerous times @ Sturgeon Bay and it is one of the nicest public, cement, ramps that I have ever used.
I second Sturgeon Bay.

BBB725 04-17-2006 02:27 PM

Put in at Sturgeon Bay, then you have the option to run on Lake Michigan or Green Bay. Very nice ramps, great parking and safe.

Boomer 880 04-17-2006 03:00 PM

The ramp I used was at Sawyer Park in Sturgeon Bay. There are other ramps further north, but if you have a bigger boat, it will get tight.

PS, there is a West Marine and gas about 1 mile south of the launch ramp.

klaw 04-17-2006 03:11 PM

yes when I used to do the Sturgeon Bay poker run I put in there quite a bit
I Usually put in in Marinette and when go to washington Island for the night then acrross to Petosky/Charlovoix/Beaver then headed to Makinaw then back through Escanaba. I also hit Lake superior through the Soo Lock on one trip
I am a little time limited and wanted to hit Beaver/Petosky/ Makinaw and Escanaba so I really need to put in closer to Escanaba.

I have not ruled out just putting in at Manistique

Thanks for the help so far