Notices

Nor-Tech Center Console

Old 04-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nor-Tech Center Console

Running
Attached Thumbnails Nor-Tech Center Console-img_1367.jpg   Nor-Tech Center Console-img_1368.jpg  
Old 04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered

Back leaning pad converts to a bench seat.
Attached Thumbnails Nor-Tech Center Console-img_1365.jpg  
Old 05-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found a boat that does not have the stern/transom issues but is extremely similar to the Nor Tech. Check out www.smithboats.com
Anyone know anything about them?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have seen Smith Boats (Don Smith) at the Miami show and they seem to be super nice. One thing cool about them is they can really get in shallow water with there set up.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered

Under the "Everything's a trade-off" heading. The Smith boat does give you that flat transom with the powervent system. However, there's an 18 MPH top end loss and a 30-40% loss is efficiency compared to our ASD set up.
The Arnesons do equally well in shallow water.
It all comes down to what's imortant to you.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

Salesmanship,

Very true. Picking a boat is all about trade offs. If you are more concerned with speed the Nor-Tech is the way to go. But if it is diving/fishing you are doing most of the time I think the Don Smith is the one. I am looking around for my future father in law who wants some speed, ability to trailer, economy and a nice stern for diving. He currently has a 32' 1986 Midnight Express with triple Mercury 2.5s and wants something with a little more room, economy and a decent place to sleep. Thanks for all your info.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

How come the t-top on the black one is so back. i know it's adjustable, but what's adjustable the whole thing or just the top part

jr Mike
Old 05-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered

That one has a smaller top and smaller console. The angle of the top is what adjusts. You can tilt it down to bring it to the top of the windshield.
Helps keep the rain off you.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

i'm not much of a fisherman but i seriously cannot see how someone can prefer an outboard setup to what i see on this nortech CC which BTW looks real good. as far as transom obstruction is concerned, i cannot see how one can possibly do a better job at it than put two or three fridge-sized outboards back there. especially given the size of these new four-stroke engines. you can't even get to water with them in your way! forget about raising anything over the transom.

the nortech CC looks much closer in spirit to what real sportfisherman yacht cockpits offer. and i know a lot of die-hard big game guys who fish off 60+ft. Bertrams, Vikings, Rybos etc. and who think that outboard setups are a joke.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Terry, I have a friend looking at the 39 Midnight-Warbirds boat that was in PB mag 2 months ago. I showed him these photos, he liked the boat but had a few Q's. Can foward seating be added right before the v-berth, or can another set of bolsters be added with larger t-top to cover this whole area. The other question, he likes the snaps that can be added on t-top where he can add some vynil product to attatch the the sides to keep the rain out, that should be relativly easy. Thanks Jeff.

BTW I wont make next week, will be held up for 6 weeks then rehab . I think mailing the samples will have to work if you dont mind, thanks Jeff

Quick Reply: Nor-Tech Center Console

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.