Yes ,another stereo quesion ? >

Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Notices

Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Old 01-22-2002, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Which one is better ? Rockford or Audiobahn ?
I am looking at the Rockford 400.4 (50Wx4)or 600.4 (75Wx4)

Or the audiobahn A4401X (50x4),or Audiobahn A4601X (75x4) .
Not sure if I want 50W or 75W .
I thought I saw another post where one of you said Audiobahn is better .IS this a good model ? Thanks ,JOE
Old 01-22-2002, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I would stick with the Rockford. Is this for the boat or the truck?

Jon
Old 01-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Oh ya 50 watts should be more then enough as long as it is real power. I only had 25 in my old car and believe me when I tell ya it was LOUD!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Registered

Looking at the specs I see the 75Wx4 Rockford has :
THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.05% & Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
THe audobahn has :THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.02% & Frequency Response: 10Hz – 40KHz .

By these specs ,does that make the audiobahn a better unit ?
Old 01-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Sorry audiofn , I posted that before I saw your response . I was thinking for the truck ,but for either ? Would you not recomend audiobahn ? THanks .
Old 01-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Registered

Audiofn, Did you get your truck yet ? Did you figure out where the factory amp is and what size it is ? With these amps I'm talking about ,can you run the speaker wires from the truck (even if it has an amp ) right into the "speaker level inputs " on the amp ?
Old 01-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Boot: I always take the spec sheet and toss it in the trash. It is just a piece of paper that can be manipulated so many different ways it is not funny. I listen to them and talk to lots of dealers that I know and find out what is working for them then formulate my opinion. I do not see the Audiobahn stuff anywere around me, so I can not speak much about it, and maybe that is speaking in a way about the amp. I have not started to look at the stereo system yet and will not untill after the Super Bowl. I am going to go with two 8" or maybe 10" if I am feeling really stupid subs behind the back seat, stock head unit because I do not want to have to worry about theft, and then thaking the speaker levels out and into the amp. If the amp you pick will not handle the high level inputs into the RCA's then you can buy what is called a high to low level converter and you will be ok.

Jon
Old 01-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are worried about radio theft, purchase an Eclipse. Eclipse has a feature that you program in an audio cd and if ever you remove the radio you must insert the same audio cd fo the unit to work again. The feature makes the radio worthless once stolen therefore many thieves wont steal an Eclipse.

If you are going to use the factory radio, I would suggest an Xtant amp as it has variable balanced inputs to match better to a factory radio.

I was not a big fan on Audiobahn until last month. I had two customers that insisted on purchasing Audiobahn and rather than risking to loose the sale, I ordered in Audiobahn. Typically, I recommend brands that are tried and tested but must admit that in both installations, everyone was bewildered. My installation team all agreed that the 1200 watt amps pounded and kept great control of the subs and the 75 x 4 amp actually was clear and loud. The gains were only set about 1/4 of the way up yet the amps sure were eager to make juice.

If anyone wants Audiobahn, Orion, Nakamichi, Panasonic, Soundstream, or many others feel free to email and I'll get you a deal.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Andy Buzz. I agree that the eclips deal is nice, however I just to now want to change the look of the dash, now sure why maybe I am getting old, or it could be the 1800 buck Zapco amp and 800 buck sub box that will be behind the seat!!! The problem with the eclips like the kenwood flip or any of the other amps is that most theaves will steal the thing anyhow and find out later that it is junk. So you are still out a radio
Old 01-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two types of thieves. The crackhead theif is one. The knowledgeable thief is the other. A crackhead will steal given the opportunity. A knowlegable thief is far more common. It is important to realize that the same thief that steals at night sells radios by day. Most thieves know brands, models, prices, features, etc. They can peddle better that way knowing what points will justify price to make their thefts most profitable. The knowledable thief won't bother to steal what he can't resell. A locked up radio is worthless and by discouraging the theft you save the broken window and dash.

The alternative is to either not enjoy a good sound system or buy a detachable face that most never remove or commonly leave in car.

There is no perfect solution but with amps bolted under seats requiring seat removal(too time consuming for a thief), a coded Eclipse radio(worthless) and a properly installed security system, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Quick Reply: Yes ,another stereo quesion ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.