Looking for 28p 4 blade props >

Looking for 28p 4 blade props

Notices

Looking for 28p 4 blade props

Old 01-31-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for 28p 4 blade props

I'm looking to experiment with props on my 34 PQ Vyper with 496 Mag HO's. Currently I have Bravo 1's and am interested in finding some labbed props that will give it the most mph for the $$$.

Anyone selling some good to great condition props (preferablly labbed)? Hydromotive, Merc, or others... like I said I'm trying to experiment.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:29 AM
stingray

Dave, you looking to enhance the aerodynamics of that windscreen over say, a couple of other windshield types???...

Rick

Old 01-31-2002, 09:56 AM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Dave we sure are getting cocky now that we have both engines potentially operating correctly. LOL.. I hope she does well when you get her out. Good luck!!
Old 01-31-2002, 11:21 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Correction: For Hydromotive you need a pair of 27p. The Hydros are more agressive on pitch. This info is from Hydromotive.

Plus he ain't gonna pass my boat!
BTW: Teague Marine has some close out on Mach props real cheap. Just got thier catalog!

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: BillR ]

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 01-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Registered

Pass your boat... puhlease. It's all gonna come down to weight and I think those sea strainers are gonna be the straw that breaks the camels back... LOL

Have we all recovered from the bashing of December and are we ready for a fightin' February? LOL
Old 01-31-2002, 02:16 PM
stingray

Thumbs up

This warm weather we've had lately and the approx. 6 weeks or so to go before some consistent boating kicks in, is startin' to wake everyone back up...

Sounds like the "Vyper Squad" will be quite entertaining to watch this spring...

I would think that Hydromotives being a stern lift prop (raker-style) would exagerate chinewalking up on speed and potentially provide blow out coming out of the hole or going into a turn??

Rick

Old 01-31-2002, 02:32 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rick,
Your right, on my old boat the Hydros would slip some just as it came over on plane, but after that; watch out, it was fast!
Turns sucked though!!

But with twin engines, who knows? could be good!

But then again; Scooter know who will be in the lead.

Plus the windshild is like a spoiler. It diverts the air over the cockpit, making for a better aerodynamic profile. Windscreen allows all that air to be trapped in the cockpit kinda like what happens with a pick-up truck.

Now THAT sounds good, huh!?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 01-31-2002, 02:52 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Reck/Bill, I think PQ may have a chance now that he has upgraded to twin engines!! LOL. You windshield guys better look out. Looks like the Donzi in the club is a 28ZX with Twin 350 Mags. That will probably be the only Donzi you have to follow this year. SEE YA!
Old 01-31-2002, 03:03 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Yep, time for Feb... Dave I got your stuff and plan to update the website Friday night, you will be boat of the month, the only requirement is that your boat run, and I hear she is fixed! CONGRATS! I know your happy.

Dave, you didn't get sea strainers? Is that the only difference in the boats?
Also, Bay Propeller will let you take props out as long as you leave a Credit Card number etc. I believe Jon B did it there and he offered to do it fo me to when I had my Bravo I done there.

And as always, the king of winterization (me)came by today, we are again layed up for colder weather. Next year I will buy anti-freeze by the drum!!!
Can't wait to see everyone at like our opening season gig... I will be there for sure.
Again, congrats Dave.
See ya'll tomorrow.

Oh, and the new Donzi guy told me today he runs mid to upper 70's, 1999 28ZZX T350 mags.
I put his pic on the site and I will also update his data tomorrow evening. Kinda cool working with a guy in the club who loves to boat. Of course he will have to work more than I! LOL
Bryan

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]
Old 01-31-2002, 04:52 PM
stingray

Bill that analogy sounded waaaayy to scientific...

How's this: Wouldn't the wind over the cockpit creating the suction like the pickups BENEFIT a boat by helping give lift out of the water giving less hull surface and therefore allowing for faster speeds...

Hey, love to see the 28 Donzi. Bryan, is this the guy you were talking to last year prior to the AOTH run out to Cumberland? Where's he from?...

Rick

Quick Reply: Looking for 28p 4 blade props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.