Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tourch Lake MI info needed

Is it worth a 8 hour tow?
Where to launch and stay?
What to do or see?
Any sand beaches?
Any hot spots on the water?
Any submerged items to hit?
How does it compare to Grand Traverse Bay?

Last edited by JC; 04-30-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Torch Lake MI info needed

Your kidding right???The most beautiful water in the mid west period.Lots of boating you can run Tourch and the bay in the same day the launch at Elk lake is right accross the road from the launch in Elk rapids that puts you in the bay. Call me I'll fill you in 616-403-4482 Its about 2 hours north of me and I spend every second I can up there.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Registered

Default Re: Tourch Lake MI info needed

There is another thread going on with this information, Northern Michigan harbor info. I am going to make a 5 hr tow from Indiana based on the pics and info I have read on OSO. The pics on the above mentioned thread are breath taking to say the least. Everyone I have ever taked to has nothing but great things to say about this area. I can't wait to spend 4 days up there this summer!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Caribbean colored water in michigan, awsome. Not many places to stay and the launches I found were not that great. I'm sure there are better ones. Sand bar on south end to hang out. Restaurant on the water. Dockside. Approx. 18X2 miles and 18000 acres. Both times one day was enough for me and I dropped in at elk rapids, as suggested, and drove to lake Charlevoix. Nice ride.I've stayed at camelot inn, not too far. 800-761-4667, torch river resort, dont know anything about it. 231-322-4444- . Have fun, JC
Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 AM

Check out the NORTHERN MICHIGAN HARBOR INFO thread, there are alot of pics on there.

National Geographic listed it as the 3rd most beautiful lake in the world. Do a search on Google for the storie, it was a few years ago.

Some of us OSO members have been talking about having a OSO get together on Torch this summer. Have fun, JB
Old 04-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

JC--Torch River Marine is a good place to start. Call and talk to John. 231-322-4495. He will set you up with a covered slip and launch. I you desire he also owns Torch River Resort. It is a quaint newer motel within walking distance of docks, Dining, and stores. I launch and dock my 38' Avenger there no problem. Water is deep and clean From there you can hit Elk Lake, or venture north on Torch. If you get bored with the inland lakes Torch River Marine is a 15 minute ride(on trailer) to Elk Rapids to the Harbor and East Bay access. 40 minutes to Charlavoix and its ammentities. Or 40 minutes to Traverse City and the West Bay area. Give me a call if I can help you.989-350-8444.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

JC, there are NO easy words to describe it---you just have to be there to experience it!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Registered

In case the Torch River Marine doesn't work out (they're pretty busy) Try Tim @ Luhrs Landing Marina 231-322-2868 they are on Torch River. Good Ramp!, Slips & Camping. There is Dewitt Marine on Clam River By The Dockside Restaurant. Good Ramp, Slips possibly? 231-377-6611. And there is the Elk River Marina in Elk Rapids on the inland side, you can't get to the Bay from this ramp but gets you into Elk Lake and access to Torch. 231-264-9500. Hope this Helps.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
In case the Torch River Marine doesn't work out (they're pretty busy) Try Tim @ Luhrs Landing Marina 231-322-2868 they are on Torch River. Good Ramp!, Slips & Camping. There is Dewitt Marine on Clam River By The Dockside Restaurant. Good Ramp, Slips possibly? 231-377-6611. And there is the Elk River Marina in Elk Rapids on the inland side, you can't get to the Bay from this ramp but gets you into Elk Lake and access to Torch. 231-264-9500. Hope this Helps.
Damn Mixer Boy! U R full of names and #'s! U should put that much effort into your JOB. get ta work U slacker!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
JC--Torch River Marine is a good place to start. Call and talk to John. 231-322-4495. He will set you up with a covered slip and launch. I you desire he also owns Torch River Resort. It is a quaint newer motel within walking distance of docks, Dining, and stores. I launch and dock my 38' Avenger there no problem. Water is deep and clean From there you can hit Elk Lake, or venture north on Torch. If you get bored with the inland lakes Torch River Marine is a 15 minute ride(on trailer) to Elk Rapids to the Harbor and East Bay access. 40 minutes to Charlavoix and its ammentities. Or 40 minutes to Traverse City and the West Bay area. Give me a call if I can help you.989-350-8444.
Is the torch river marina right next to the bridge and acrossed from tiny public fishing boat launch? We asked to launch there and were told it was members only and they do not offer transient slips or have any extra parking. I even pulled a couple of 20's out and offered cash to launch,answer was a strict NO. Ended up at the DNR launch navigating stumps and sand bars not to count the dirt launch ramp. Was still worth it though,Smitty

Quick Reply: Tourch Lake MI info needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.