Notices

Transmission preference: Huber or Bam?

Old 06-18-2012, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huber

Originally Posted by comanche3six
my experience is with huber....no problems
Originally Posted by dueclaws
i've been running hubers for five years without problems.
But
i've also noticed the rising popularity of the bam transmissions. Does bam require a thermostat to keep the temps at 180 for clutch plate life?

What's your experience?
Due
always had great results from a huber trans. 3 years ago i sent my transmission to huber to be rebuilt. There was nothing wrong with it. I own a 46 cigarette . In the last year i have gone thru 5 transmissions on my starboard side. I am only running merc 900s. It is a joke . I have spent over 20k on just in and out of motor. Huber could give a ****. Anyone that wants a huber trans should think twice. Go with bam. Huber does not stand behind there product. They are buying **** parts at our expense. If you have had a problem with a huber trans e mail me at [email protected]. Or call me at 773-636-7000. I would like to put together a class action lawsuit. I want to make all situations right.
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by ratman
how much hp you guys running thru them?
But
i've also noticed the rising popularity of the bam transmissions. Does bam require a thermostat to keep the temps at 180 for clutch plate life?

What's your experience?
Due
always had great results from a huber trans. 3 years ago i sent my transmission to huber to be rebuilt. There was nothing wrong with it. I own a 46 cigarette . In the last year i have gone thru 5 transmissions on my starboard side. I am only running merc 900s. It is a joke . I have spent over 20k on just in and out of motor. Huber could give a ****. Anyone that wants a huber trans should think twice. Go with bam. Huber does not stand behind there product. They are buying **** parts at our expense. If you have had a problem with a huber trans e mail me at [email protected]. Or call me at 773-636-7000. I would like to put together a class action lawsuit. I want to make all situations right.
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by marksmith
i use huber and love it. I have a 1550 deep sump with thermostat.

Bam has a dry sump vs. A deep sump. Does bam remove transmission fluid and go to a fluid tank, then get pumped into areas of transmission???
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:20 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by lmarth
i don't think you could go wrong with either. My boat was built with hubers that were later upgraded by tom huber to 1330's.
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by rmpram
i have the 1450 kryptonite model huber's behind 1100hp blower motors in my 38 cigarette. I've had them in the boat for 4 years with no problems what so ever.
I've spoken to the new owner several times recently and he has been extremely accommodating and helpful.
If i need new transmissions in the future i will go with hubers.
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by too old
i've bought numerous transmissions for customers from bam. Never a problem with delivery, satisfied customers, competative pricing and an oso advertiser and forum participant.

I've never heard anything but good comments about huber either, but i have no personal experience.
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by 27daytona
due, i have 1450 hubers in my jag and tom is a great guy to do business with. Doug
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by mbam
we do not use a thermostat or check valve under any circumstance.
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by ccando
due,make sure you order the optional tutor- age package with the new bams
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 AM

Default Huber

Originally Posted by ccando
due,that was a plug for bam....see my thread of "block to bell housing dowels" on the technical q&a....bam made valid installation statements,from the engine block back....if you find pricing on the drive line dampener,please let us know....i'm of the opinion,if the bell housing,drive plate and flywheel are fitted,the transmission and starter will be alot happier.then,if the drive line is dampened it will absorb, shock preserving the bell housing and drive plate hub location.it is my understanding,the dampener/isolator eliminates metal to metal contact between the transmission out put flange and drive line.thereby,reducing electrolysis......stay in touch, sensitive!!! :d
But

What's your experience?
Due
Mike dambrose.

Quick Reply: Transmission preference: Huber or Bam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.