Shootout Winner Prediction

Notices

Shootout Winner Prediction

Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout Winner Prediction

Let me be the first to predict that if the LOTO shootout happens in 2006, that the new boat Bud Select turbine will take the cake..if I had to guess I would say it looks like it was designed just for this purpose ..thanks for the photos of Miami, I live close but decided to not try and fight the traffic this year.

now let me get the popcorn ready....
Old 02-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Registered

Default Re: Shootout Winner Prediction

I would agree, the boat is amazing
Old 02-23-2006, 10:08 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails Shootout Winner Prediction-2006_0218miamiboatshow0052.jpg   Shootout Winner Prediction-2006_0218miamiboatshow0039.jpg   Shootout Winner Prediction-dsc09541.jpg  

Old 02-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do the wings do anything to help the boat or just look bad ass

Wild
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered

Not ever seeing the new Bud Select boat (if someone has pics please send them to me) I will put my money on Callan marine again only because they have been playing the turbine game longer than anyone. I also think that their new boat (last years top gun) kicks ass and has alot of research and development into it. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Good question,,,seen them on top fuel for years,,,helps hold the back down. But top fuel also has them on the front as well to help hold down that end as well. I do not think just a wing on the back will do too much good as it will either lift the rear or push down on it,,,both things seem to not be good...if you put wings on the front also, (like unlimited Hydro's) you get down force on both ends most of the time unless a gust or wake throws the bow skyward and then the boat loops out.

I have often wondered why,,,with todays computer stability controls, these boats don't have active wing control to drop the nose on the start of a loopout...It would seem that in the first few milliseconds,,,if the control caught the change in angle of attack, that the wing could be pivoted to drop the nose...The danger being that too much correction and the boat turns into a submarine..

Modern jet fighters can not fly without this computer control stability program running.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
do the wings do anything to help the boat or just look bad ass

Wild
MTI Randy said the rear wing is ajustable and will be use for keeping the boat stable
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

I think team Victory has a release in the tunnell to vent the air if the nose goes to high. If Im not wrong reggie tried to put that on a skater he ran for awhile.

CM
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Turbine power Bud. Piston power Derebery.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Good question,,,seen them on top fuel for years,,,helps hold the back down. But top fuel also has them on the front as well to help hold down that end as well. I do not think just a wing on the back will do too much good as it will either lift the rear or push down on it,,,both things seem to not be good...if you put wings on the front also, (like unlimited Hydro's) you get down force on both ends most of the time unless a gust or wake throws the bow skyward and then the boat loops out.

I have often wondered why,,,with todays computer stability controls, these boats don't have active wing control to drop the nose on the start of a loopout...It would seem that in the first few milliseconds,,,if the control caught the change in angle of attack, that the wing could be pivoted to drop the nose...The danger being that too much correction and the boat turns into a submarine..

Modern jet fighters can not fly without this computer control stability program running.

If you look top fuel hydros dont run wings anymore because of stability issues though the lower classes do (alcohol hydro and alchol flat). I designed a new cat hull (which i own the patent on) when I was going to engineering school which utilized a front canard wing in front between the 2 sponsons. This wing could be controlled by a lever or a foot pedal and would give the driver another control surface for the bow by either raising or lowering the nose when under power with out having to adjust trim angles as much . The big plus is it can be used to prevent blow over. If the boat starts to blow over simply pitch the front wing and drop the nose back onto the water. (sounds good but i havent been able to try it out yet) . Unlimited Hydros use front canards between the sponsons for the same reason but they are more suseptable to blow over because of a major power to wieght ratio diffence that can not be over come by aerodynamics.

Quick Reply: Shootout Winner Prediction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.