Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Clearwater Beach Info Needed!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/128500-clearwater-beach-info-needed.html)

tripps 04-25-2006 07:20 PM

Clearwater Beach Info Needed!!!!

Anyone know where any hotboat areas are in the Clearwater Beach area? I was told (by a guy in Tampa) there is a restaurant with docking, that hotboats hang out on the weekends.........
TIA for any help :drink: :drink: :drink:
Tripps

Zero Patience 04-25-2006 07:55 PM

Re: Clearwater Beach Info Needed!!!!

In front of Shepards Beach Bar, Gators, The Pub, Anclote Island, Hooters New Port Richey, are a few of the places we go.

ratman 04-25-2006 08:16 PM

the warf in st pete kinda low key but its near the don cesar and a lot of cool peeps hang there. when are you gonna be running in this area?, the island way grill has a great breakfast brunch sun am. i'll be out with my cig all weekend. rm

BZ 04-25-2006 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
In front of Shepards Beach Bar, Gators, The Pub, Anclote Island, Hooters New Port Richey, are a few of the places we go.

what he said..when are you going to be there??? will be around from Chi-Town otw to Ft. Myers on 05/03????

Johno 04-25-2006 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
the warf in st pete kinda low key but its near the don cesar and a lot of cool peeps hang there. when are you gonna be running in this area?, the island way grill has a great breakfast brunch sun am. i'll be out with my cig all weekend. rm

Hey Ratman,
You called & I forgot to call ya back :eek: I was in Daytona on Sat. & this weekend I'm doing a run to NC..no boating either :(

The Island Grill is by far the best $20-00 Sunday brunch you will find in Florida! Don't forget Frenchies on Clw Bch.
The Clw Marina normally has the best Gas prices on the water.

Strip Poker 388 04-25-2006 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zero Patience

Sounds like a few places to go.Hows the law and the manatee zones???.We've been thinking about a trip down also soon :drink:

Rob

ratman 04-26-2006 02:19 AM

strip, the law gives no one a hard time for noise iusually get a thumbs up, there are a few no wake zones on the icw, but nothing like ft laud and miami.

Wardey 04-26-2006 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tripps
Anyone know where any hotboat areas are in the Clearwater Beach area? I was told (by a guy in Tampa) there is a restaurant with docking, that hotboats hang out on the weekends.........
TIA for any help :drink: :drink: :drink:
Tripps

When are you coming down? You have Shepherds, Frenchy's, Isalnd WAy, Hooters, Ray's,The Pub, Greenstreets?,Gators,etc... All within a nice 5 to 45 minute run. A bunch of boat islands. We hang out at 3 Rookers and will be out on Sunday. We will be in the Extreme. Dave

Strip Poker 388 04-26-2006 12:00 PM

Anybody have any picture of these places and the water or sandbars to pull the boat up to??

Rob :drink:

CigDaze 04-26-2006 12:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Anybody have any picture of these places and the water or sandbars to pull the boat up to??

Rob :drink:

Sheppard's:

NOMOGOFAST 04-26-2006 02:30 PM

Hey Rob,

Been out on the water the last two weekends. Lots of places on the water to go. Been to most of the islands and Sheperds so far. Anclote & three rucker bar are alot of fun. Still early in the season from what everyone is saying. Come June, they said you have a hard time finding a place to pull in, there will be hundreds of boats rafted up, can't wait!! :D

Strip Poker 388 04-26-2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by hudsonslingshot
Hey Rob,

Been out on the water the last two weekends. Lots of places on the water to go. Been to most of the islands and Sheperds so far. Anclote & three rucker bar are alot of fun. Still early in the season from what everyone is saying. Come June, they said you have a hard time finding a place to pull in, there will be hundreds of boats rafted up, can't wait!! :D

Sounds like the grass is greener over there :drink: :drink:

florida gator 04-26-2006 03:39 PM

And sown towards St Pete, The Undertow and Shell Island are a couplke more. Anyone mention the Pub yet? Tons of places in that area. Great boating.

Strip Poker 388 04-26-2006 06:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by florida gator
And sown towards St Pete, The Undertow and Shell Island are a couplke more. Anyone mention the Pub yet? Tons of places in that area. Great boating.

I have a heard a little about Shell Island???

Anybody have any picks???

This is what I am use to in Destin,Emerald Beach.Never been father south :D

Rob

tripps 04-26-2006 07:44 PM

WOW looks real good!!! tripps

CigDaze 04-26-2006 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I have a heard a little about Shell Island???

Anybody have any picks???

This is what I am use to in Destin,Emerald Beach.Never been father south :D

Rob

Shell Key

CigDaze 04-26-2006 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
St. Pete

CigDaze 04-26-2006 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beer Can Island

CigDaze 04-26-2006 07:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gasparilla! :eek:

florida gator 04-26-2006 08:42 PM

Which Beer Can Island? I plan on getting to the one in South Hilsborough this summer. My cousin lives in Brandon and goes there quite a bit.

FeverMike 04-27-2006 12:47 AM

Hot boats and the Tampa/Clearwater area just do not go together. This area is just not a hot boat go fast type of town for some odd reason. Yes there are some around but they are far and few. However there are great places to go boating down here...just get a chart and stay in the channel.

CigDaze 04-27-2006 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by florida gator
Which Beer Can Island? I plan on getting to the one in South Hilsborough this summer. My cousin lives in Brandon and goes there quite a bit.

Those pics were taken off north shore of beercan island just north of Apollo Beach at the entrance to Hillborough Bay (north east tampa bay), it's probably the same one your cousin goes to.

CigDaze 04-27-2006 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hot boats and the Tampa/Clearwater area just do not go together. This area is just not a hot boat go fast type of town for some odd reason. Yes there are some around but they are far and few. However there are great places to go boating down here...just get a chart and stay in the channel.

Ya, we're certainly outnumbered, but there are still an abundant number of Perf. boats. I usually see a dozen or two on most weekends when we're out. But there are quite a few hundred of us around.

FeverMike 04-27-2006 08:35 AM

Cig, when are you taking the Cig out again. I just live across the bay from your home port.

CigDaze 04-27-2006 09:19 AM

Cig, when are you taking the Cig out again. I just live across the bay from your home port.

It'll probably be a few weeks.....seems like my next few weekends have already been planned for me. :(
We've haven't seen you guys in forever.
I'm sorry we missed you at Miklos's party.

FeverMike 04-27-2006 09:50 AM

Miklos' party was the same day as the St. Pete Grand Prix. I had tickets for that months in advance. I hated missing the party though. I will not be out this weekend because I am in Atlanta to photo the Blue Angels at the Navel Air Base this Saturday. Weather permitting it will be next weekend. I need to save the fuel anyway! :eek: :drink:

CigDaze 04-27-2006 09:56 AM

I need to save the fuel anyway! :eek: :drink:

Tell me about it. ;)

Have fun, I love the Blue Angels.

DRIVEN1 04-27-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Ya, we're certainly outnumbered, but there are still an abundant number of Perf. boats. I usually see a dozen or two on most weekends when we're out. But there are quite a few hundred of us around.

You can add one more to the mix. The 47 Lightning will be here today and the 38LX is going bye bye. I live in Apollo Beach, so I will see you around. Mike

CigDaze 04-27-2006 10:33 AM

Way cool, Mike! Hope to see you around, stop and say 'Hey' if you see us.

DRIVEN1 04-27-2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Way cool, Mike! Hope to see you around, stop and say 'Hey' if you see us.

I will once you get your weekends back. I am assuming that is your Cafe racer in your avatar. Nice looking boat. See you on the water Mike

CigDaze 04-27-2006 10:51 AM

Yep, that's it. Thanks. I keep it at the Harborage Marina, that's our homeport. Right across the bay from Apollo.

FeverMike 04-28-2006 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
You can add one more to the mix. The 47 Lightning will be here today and the 38LX is going bye bye. I live in Apollo Beach, so I will see you around. Mike

Mike, I live in Apollo Beach and know of only 2 38LX's and the black one is gone. Are you my neighborwith the light blue one? If you are the Mike I am thinking about when are ya coming over for a ride on my 38TE...oh...yeah...you have a 47...no need to ride on my boat! :drink: I want a ride on yours? Will it fit properly on the lift?
I was just at Sports USA Marine in St. Pete and they did not mention anything about selling a 47. Did you get it from Robyn?
Congrats on the boat...I'm sure you will love it!

DRIVEN1 04-28-2006 05:51 AM

Mike, I live in Apollo Beach and know of only 2 38LX's and the black one is gone. Are you my neighborwith the light blue one? If you are the Mike I am thinking about when are ya coming over for a ride on my 38TE...oh...yeah...you have a 47...no need to ride on my boat! :drink: I want a ride on yours? Will it fit properly on the lift?
I was just at Sports USA Marine in St. Pete and they did not mention anything about selling a 47. Did you get it from Robyn?
Congrats on the boat...I'm sure you will love it!

Yes Mike that is me. The boat is sitting in front of my house right now. I am just thinking how the neighbors are going to love this boat. :evilb: I have a 27,000 lb lift now. I am having the lift pulled and reset 12 feet back from its current location. Come over and check it out. Well I have to go load it since we are leaving at 7:45 to go launch it.Mike

FeverMike 04-28-2006 07:46 AM

Mike I will stop over on Sunday or the following weekend. I've got to get Seamaster out to fix one of my lift motors that is leaking oil. I've been calling and calling them...you probablly know how that goes.
What does the 47 draft? I hear of people hitting bottom in our neighborhood but I have never done that.
It's sitting in front of your house? :eek: I bet someone in the neighborhood has already call it in!
I can't wait to see it...the baddest boat in the neighborhood!

Also let me know when you are going to take it out and if you want I will go out on my boat and get some pictures of you running. I am a bit of a photography nut and have some noce equipment and will get you some nice pictures of your new baby to hang on the office wall! :drink:

DRIVEN1 04-28-2006 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=FeverMike]Mike I will stop over on Sunday or the following weekend. I've got to get Seamaster out to fix one of my lift motors that is leaking oil. I've been calling and calling them...you probably know how that goes.
What does the 47 draft? I hear of people hitting bottom in our neighborhood but I have never done that.
It's sitting in front of your house? :eek: I bet someone in the neighborhood has already call it in!
I can't wait to see it...the baddest boat in the neighborhood!
Funny my lift motor is leaking oil also. I don't even waste time calling Joe. I called the lift company and they sent me a new one.
The boat drafts 38" which is about 9" more than the 38LX. I never hit bottom in the LX, so lets see what happens.
Stop bye on Sunday if you are not doing anything. We are having about 75 people over for the kids B-day. I will want take the boat out but the wife said wait until most of the people have gone home.
Yes I think it will be the baddest boat in the development for now. :evilb: I am sure someone complained that it was sitting in front of the house overnight. I know people kept stopping and looking at. Probably talking smack about it since there are no many performance boats in the development. But I know someone will have to get something even badder.
Yes I would love to have some nice pictures taken. I have one of the LX on the wall that was taken from a chopper. Thanks Mike

FeverMike 04-28-2006 05:59 PM

I will stop by later on Sunday as not to interupt the B-Day party. I am in Atlanta photographing the Blue Angels and others at the Airshow. I have been leaving messages for Hope and Joe for 2 weeks about the lift motor...no calls back. I physically can not climb up and replace the moter plus it should still be under warranty.
Man, I'm excited to see more performance boats around and especially in our neighborhood. I'm happy for ya! :drink: Congrats!