Default Re: Hyperfishing.com spotted unattended in North Carolina

Oso
Old 04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I shant say anything more until the boat gets to NY.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Registered

the power of OSO is amazing took less than 10hrs to get back to the boats owner that someone was messing up good job guys
Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Eweb, I thought celebrity stalkers were bad! OSO continues to amaze me.......................................
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

F'n amazing!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Just got back from my boat as delivered to NY from Florida last night. Warned by helpful oso members and the board god who saw it "abandoned" in North Carolina, no cover on in the rain. I scratched my plans to see the boat on Saturday and made haste to get to the marina on Friday. Good thing.

Sure enough, the boat was totally soaked with about 2 inches of standing water on the floor inside the cabin, about one foot deep in the rearmost side locker and tons of water under the entire interior floor. It took me four hours of pumping, bailing and sponging to get all the water out.

As warned by OSO members above, the brilliant transporter had left it for several days, no cover on, seems nose down in the pouring rain. All the rain landing in the cockpit ran forward into the cabin, soaking the carpet and everything on the floor, and inside the lower cabinets. Oh yeah, the custom fabric on my rear box is also missing, worth about $1,000. No answer yet on where it is, I doubt I will ever hear back from him.

When I questioned the goof about why he did not put the cockpit cover on in the rain, the guy who looked in better shape than me "Oh, my knees are bad, I never climb onto a boat once it is on the trailer." Funny, I had no problem hopping up on the boat from his trailer!

He also left the drives down and there is mud cacked on the lower outdrive fin as if he plowed a few fields with the outdrive fins. One is also slightly bent, and there is a knick out of the leading edge. Reason for leaving the drives down? "oh your boat is so small (30 feet that he has trailered before) I had to drop the drives down to keep trailer weight on the tounge due to my cool truck being jacked up." Or, words to that effect.

Warning to all not to trust ANYBODY when hauling your boat, even highly recommended ones like this goof. Be sure to shrink wrap it, because it WILL get wet and anything on your boat may go missing as is the case with my custom cover. I suspect he left it on the boat and the freeway wind ripped it off. Note to self, my boat will never be trailered again by anybody without assurances the drives are UP, otherwise the boat does not move. One kinda figures "professionals" know to do this, and use the right trailer for a boat they had towed before, but apparently not in this case.

Pretty sad, but hey, it could have been worse. The wet stuff was fortunately easily dried, and my wife's caution in putting just about everything mositure sensitive in plastic bags, even in the cabin, saved the day. Yep, I will never complain about her taking too long to pack again!

Thanks again to OSO. Without the warning, I would not have shown up to look at the boat until Saturday and the soaking of everything would have been more damaging.

Last edited by CBR; 04-28-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

CBR,

It probably still wouldn't hurt to get a few " Damp Aways" and put them inside the cabin. They will suck up any moisture you may have left.

Sorry to hear about this....

Great job guys! OSO strikes again !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-28-2006, 08:06 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Yep Sharkey, did put the mositure things inside the cabin, and thank goodness it was nice and sunny today to dry stuff out! Back on the boat tomorrow to open it up for more sun drying.

Will drive it also, hope the outdrives did not get hammered too badly, and the slightly out of kilter fin is the only damage.

Last edited by CBR; 04-28-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I say expose the jerk so a fellow OSOer doesn't get stuck with him.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so who was the hauler?

Quick Reply: Hyperfishing.com spotted unattended in North Carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.