Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw? >

Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Notices

Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Old 05-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
What do you mean?? Both Fastboats.com and the Cigarette web site show them for 2006.
Oops, I meant for $299 k brand new.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Oops, I meant for $299 k brand new.
Ahhh cuda, you are right about that.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

make sure it has a

1 in the middle or an indian

jr Mike

Last edited by thedonz; 05-02-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I doubt you'll be happy with a Baja after getting used to the quality and fit of a Formula.
Not that Baja hasn't made great strides in the last few years, but the Formula has been top-grade for decades.
Good Luck in whichever boat you choose, and oh yes...GET IT SURVEYED!!
Ed, I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. I have had the pleasure of owning both a 311 and a 29 Outlaw. The Baja was the better boat; There wasnt one thing on the Baja that wasnt of quality. I ran the boat on Lakes ,the gulf and even to KW and never had an issue with quality. It was on solid boat !! I have owned a Top Gun and a Tiger since that Outlaw and I am still proud to say that I owned the Baja.

Take absolutlely nothing away from Formula at all. A Formula is a Formula, But I feel Baja gets a bum rap from alot of people who dont know alot about there more recent products.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

But isn't comparing Baja to a Fountain/Cigarette like the Honda to Harley where the Honda is cheaper to buy but when you sell it after a few years you have lost a lot more than if you bought the more expensive Harley that holds it's value better.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
Take absolutlely nothing away from Formula at all. A Formula is a Formula, But I feel Baja gets a bum rap from alot of people who dont know alot about there more recent products.
I had an older Baja that I pretty much destroyed, the new ones are much nicer. However, I don't think the new Formulas are the same of those of years past. A close friend has a 2002 353 that is just falling apart. I don't think you could count the stress cracks in the boat, under the motors it's all stress cracks, rear bulk head is pulling from the side of the hull (looks like they used Plexus for the bulkhead joint) and just about everything in the cabin has come apart. Maybe they stay together in the lakes but this one running offshore is not staying together. I was alway very pro Formula but this boat has really disappointed me.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Try to find Hi Tide here on OSO. He has a 40 and has had it for years. It seemes to be a very nice boat. They do look very nice too...great classic lines.
Hi-Tide actually has hull #2 with triple 500EFI's that have been pumped up just a little and he is running at or just above 90 MPH from what I understand.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Praetorian, E-mail Me With Your Addy.i Just Recieved Info On A 04' 40 W/blowermotors.....looking For 215k.........marc
Old 05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Re: Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Originally Posted by otis311
Ed, I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE. I have had the pleasure of owning both a 311 and a 29 Outlaw. The Baja was the better boat; There wasnt one thing on the Baja that wasnt of quality. I ran the boat on Lakes ,the gulf and even to KW and never had an issue with quality. It was on solid boat !! I have owned a Top Gun and a Tiger since that Outlaw and I am still proud to say that I owned the Baja.

Thanks Otis
Old 05-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered

For those of us that continue to buy Bajas, there must be a reason we keep coming back. I don't want everyone thinking they are just as good as Formula, Fountain, or Cigarette because Baja will raise the prices. Let's just keep it a secret and let everyone think they are such inferior boats. I don't have a problem with that. Both my 38 and 442 were not exactly cheap. Both boats have been in some rough water between the Keys and the Bahamas and both have held together extremely well. Baja builds a great boat but if want to spend more money then buy something else.

Keith

Quick Reply: Any impressions of the Baja 40 Outlaw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.