Notices

Bleeding an ITS

Old 05-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding an ITS

I am having a repetitive problem with my steering. I am somehow getting air in the lines which is making the steering very unresponsive. We have run a line from the bleeder valve into the reservoir and turned the wheel back and forth until no more air is coming out. Then after shutting down the motor the reservoir level comes up near the top and seems fine. But after sitting for a while, pressure builds up in the system and starts to blow fluid out of the breather in the reservoir cap. We have tried putting less fluid in the reservoir while bleeding the system keeping just enough in the reservoir so the bottom was covered but still getting the purging. Any experience in what we may doing wrong?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bleeding an ITS

I had this same problem with my ITS. you have to bleed it out with out the motor running!!!! get a one gallon jug {empty} and 2 hoses vacum line works best. pinch off the return line to the resavore , open both bleeders at the hyd. block in the back with the 2 hoses to catch the fluid. make sure you have plenty of atf and someone to keep resv full!!!!!. turn the wheel slowly one way only!!!!!. utill you grt steady bstream of fluid. then do the same in other direction. you will hear it spitting. when it stops spitting you are done. good luck pm me if you need more info mark
Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bleeding an ITS

Thanks. I will try again.