Notices

March pumps..

Old 05-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default Re: March pumps..

and this is not the guy i was refering to in the previous post

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the guy that said he would was a dealer from Florida but he said cost is $95 on the LC2.?..right or wrong?..I dunno.

My Cruisaire AC (per Cruisaire) should work just fine with a 250gph unit...I wanna run the LC2 @ 300GPH.I think she will be ok.It's a 7000 BTU unit.I have to run off my genny 99% of the time so I cut amps where I can.The LC3(580GPH) runs at 2.2amps as this LC2(300GPH) runs at 1.0 amp.I don;t see the need for overkill.Especially in this case.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

And that guy you posted is not my guy either..Mine is a marina/dealer...something like stuart.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
Well the guy that said he would was a dealer from Florida but he said cost is $95 on the LC2.?..right or wrong?..I dunno.

My Cruisaire AC (per Cruisaire) should work just fine with a 250gph unit...I wanna run the LC2 @ 300GPH.I think she will be ok.It's a 7000 BTU unit.I have to run off my genny 99% of the time so I cut amps where I can.The LC3(580GPH) runs at 2.2amps as this LC2(300GPH) runs at 1.0 amp.I don;t see the need for overkill.Especially in this case.
each dealer has different discount based on sales volume....so it could be but i dont know.

Only thing i will tell ya about these pumps (or any centrifugal type pump) the rated output is at 0' of head.....it drops off the higher the pump has to supply water to......so if the pump needs to supply water 5' up from where its at then you just lost about 1.5 gpm or about 90gph.....which on a 300gph pump would only give you 210gph to the unit!.....may or may not run hot at that point. Its a common problem that people don't spec the pump out for the application they need it for. If you go to our website here: http://www.marchpump.com/documents/curves/LC-2CP-MD.pdf it will show you the pump curve for the LC-2 so you can get an idea of what it can supply for you.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Well, I think my saving grace is the fact the pump(cal pump) just flows great and suddenly stops....4-5 seconds later the AC unit cycles...Not before but definitly after.My money is on the cal pump being bad.30 minute break and she will run again for awhile then same thing..I can hook up my hose before the pump and it will run forever.It kinda bypasses the pump.The Cal-pump is like 500+ GPH.It's a monster and from what I have heard and real POS!Mine was on its side with a kinded hose when I got the boat.No doubt that is what killed it.I picked up a used LC2 for $50 so I guess we will see what happens....Kinda hard for me to just dump her in the water for an hour with the genny running...I have to improvise with the hose..I wish I could just make it suck up water like it should.,