Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: We've Hired An Attorney To Fight The Alabama Boat Ban

Thanks for everyones support!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard that they will include all Ala. Lakes next session.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

True. I was actually told by a Power Co lobbyist that they will be back for the rest of them next year. Our best hope is is to get this first one thrown out.Then maybe they will rethink the power of grassroots support. By their logic,they would ban all Corvettes cause a Z06 is capable of 180 mph,or ban all Harleys cause some of them are too loud. Senator Waggoner said it best,"It's like saying deer hunting rifles are too powerful or too dangerous,so we will ban them and you can only deer hunt in Alabama with a BB gun".
Old 05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

I will put my check in the mail to help fight this. Has anyone contacted the manufacturers to see if they may be willing to help in the legal costs to fight this bill? I would think Fountain, Formula, Baja, Cigarette and possibly others would be very interested in contributing to fight this ban on products they sell. A few thousand dollars for these guys is a small investment to allow them to continue to sell product in this market. Especially if they view it as Alabama is just the first of many states to target their products. Just a thought.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tesheer
I will put my check in the mail to help fight this. Has anyone contacted the manufacturers to see if they may be willing to help in the legal costs to fight this bill? I would think Fountain, Formula, Baja, Cigarette and possibly others would be very interested in contributing to fight this ban on products they sell. A few thousand dollars for these guys is a small investment to allow them to continue to sell product in this market. Especially if they view it as Alabama is just the first of many states to target their products. Just a thought.
That is a great idea! We will get to work on that tommorow!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in and will mail a check tomorrow. If we don't stick together, we will fall divided. This kinda of thing will spread if left unchecked...
Old 05-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

OSO brothers and sisters,checks are coming in already and it is much appreciated.Our attorney has a reputation as a bulldog and he thinks we can win this. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting this unjust law overturned. And if any have missed the updates,it is no longer a bill,it has been signed into LAW by our governor. A lot is at stake. If you have a spare $20 or $50 or whatever, and want to send it, we will be thankful.And please keep in mind that while is is an Alabama problem now,who knows what state will be next? Thanks for the support. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 05-05-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Senator Waggoner's analogy of like hunting deer with a BB gun <laughing> - Sounds just like him!!!! His family lived a few houses down from us growing up ! they are great people!!! I know he will make every effort to get this corrected. CigDaze your correct about BoatUS and I am confident they will assist with this one.

Bill - Allison Marine
850.522.3861 <New number>

Last edited by Hi-Tech Marine; 05-07-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: We've Hired An Attorney To Fight The Alabama Boat Ban

P29, friends and family were here this weekend at the Tickfaw and filled us in on the details. We got our first look at Lake Martin last weekend when we were up for Talladega. Beautiful lake and more than enough room for everyone to co-exist. Count us in for our support.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered

Croozin', we enjoyed the weekend there for the Tickfaw Poker run. It was great to do it in the Eliminator this year. We got a check today, all the way from Calif. for the lawsuit, that is encouraging. Thanks....... "Bling it on"

Quick Reply: We've Hired An Attorney To Fight The Alabama Boat Ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.