Notices

DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water

Old 05-08-2006, 03:16 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
They had two guys doing an "on site" interview on the local ABC channel last night. They did an interview at what looked like the sandpits; and they explained how they did CPR for 30 minutes. They were in front of a boat with a big blue splash graphic painted across the bow and windscreen, but I don't know who they were. That's where I got the news.
Those were the 2 guys parked beside me and they are the ones that were performing CPR. (they must have been taken back out there Sunday to film the story.) After about 20 minutes that I saw the parent(s) searching these guys were asked if the had seen a little girl. That's when they entered the water and started feeling around the bottom. She was found about 90 seconds later.
If these guys had been asked earlier she likely would have been found sooner. After a few minutes I asked if they needed a break to let me take over for one of them (they refused). Those 2 did everything they could and I made a point to shake their hands after it was over.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water

Here is a link to the video.

http://wric.com/Global/SearchResults...water+accident
Old 05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
It's 10:00 am and I can't stop thinking about this! Woke up twice last night thinking about it. What if I asked if they needed help, why didn't they scream for help early on, why didn't they look in the water FIRST? An 80 year old is expected to go, but not 10 year old kids!!!
Darwinism ?
Old 05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Darwinism ?
Not sure what you mean, but considering this is a 10 year old I don't like the way I'm interpreting your post???
Old 05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered

My kids didn't go near the water without vests on until they were 14. i got two 13's that will be wearing them this summer. The play in the creek on blow up rafts or kayaks that's waist deep, they wear jackets.

My heart goes out to the parents. How many of us have been with our kids, amusement parks, the mall, wherever and just for a fleeting moment, panic. I'm with T500 though, I ain't waiting 20 minutes to hit the panic button.

T500, if you have faith, ask for help sleeping and healing. I bet you will sleep better. And tell your kids you love them one more time today!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=t500hps]It's 10:00 am and I can't stop thinking about this! Woke up twice last night thinking about it. What if I asked if they needed help, why didn't they scream for help early on, why didn't they look in the water FIRST? An 80 year old is expected to go, but not 10 year old kids!!!

[/Not sure what you mean, but considering this is a 10 year old I don't like the way I'm interpreting your post???QUOTE]

When the big fish isnt watching the little fish and nemo swims out too far and something happens, its darwinism.
I feel very badly for the little girl and her parents , could not imagine that loss.. But maybe its no ones fault ! Peace
Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Todays paper: Short story claiming she was missing 10 minutes . I'm so mad right now......she didn't make it.

http://richmondtimesdispatch.com/ser...=1045855934842

A 10-year-old Newport News girl apparently drowned Saturday while boating with friends and family on the James River near Curles Neck Farm in Henrico County.

Police said Elizabeth Dimarino was pronounced dead about 11:30 p.m. Saturday at VCU Medical Center in Richmond. She had been pulled from the water about 1:45 p.m.

According to police, Dimarino was swimming with friends and family members at a gravel pit. As they were getting ready to leave, they lost sight of the girl. About 10 minutes later, she was found unresponsive in the water near the rear of the boat.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Not sure what you mean, but considering this is a 10 year old I don't like the way I'm interpreting your post???
I am right there with you t500.
Now you see why I have posts from this POS blocked.

Darwinism?

Parent's stupidity?

How about HOLIER THAN THOU?????

For those of you who think that these cases are always due to stupidity....
it only takes a couple seconds.

Nobody knows the extentuating circumstances.

But posts like "darwinism" are a good reason to stop visiting OSO.

What a stupid post.

Last edited by fund razor; 05-10-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
I am right there with you t500.
Now you see why I have posts from this POS blocked.

Darwinism?

Parent's stupidity?

How about HOLIER THAN THOU?????

For those of you who think that these cases are always due to stupidity....
it only takes a couple seconds.

Nobody knows the extentuating circumstances.

But posts like "darwinism" are a good reason to stop visiting OSO.

What a stupid post.
Out of context as usual AZZWIPE.. I never blamed anyone, nor should anyone be blamed.. T500 was asking questions about why something wasnt done sooner etc. Looking to point a finger. People are born and people die.. accidents happen !!
But too be always looking for someone to blame or implicate is WRONG !!!
You can call it whatever you want ..im guessing you would consider it gods will ? Im an agnostic that believes in the theory of evolution . If you percieve my reply to his rediculous questions as somehow slandering the parents or the girl at a time like this your wrong ! Oh and thanks for the insults and such it realy shows what level your on
Old 05-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

God Bless. This is my worst nightmare, to lose a child. My heart goes out to the families and friends. 20-30 min. under is a long time. I think my kids could swim before they could walk but it still is a fear of mine and I preach regularly to my kids about it. God Bless and R.I.P...... Dave

Quick Reply: DROWNING: PLEASE watch your kids on the water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.