Notices

i need advise??

Old 01-25-2002, 09:08 PM
why wait

Post i need advise??

just got my props back from being labbed.these things are sharp, how do you board the boat, without having a doctors call on your hands????

Old 01-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Scarry ,Isn't it ! I know I used to stand on that plate above the prop when getting out aftera little swim . I have seen some serious injuries to the foot !(on others feet that is )! Now with my Arneson's fully exposed and 17 1/2" props ,I haven't gone in the water yet !
Old 01-26-2002, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive seen some protective covers that go over the prop. I think it was in the Overtons catalog.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

I was down at the GLSCS race on the St. Clair River and swam over to the Poker Run's America boat that was there. Wayne Schaldebrand (spelling) of Sunsation was on the boat, a 32' Sunsation Dominator. I pulled myself up onto the swim platform and noticed several minutes later that my leg was bleeding. I must have brushed against it ever so slightly. Damn those props were sharp. I don't see anyway to avoid getting cut except for being careful.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I use the tabs to get onto my boat.I do have labed props.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:06 PM
why wait

everyone talks they have labbed props don't you guys go in the water???

Old 01-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Dude, what do you want to hear? buy a cover or swim off the bow or be careful or delab your prop by beating the sharp edges down.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:29 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Use the Swim ladder. Works on my boat.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:57 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
I tell everyone to be carefull the props are sharp. Then late in the season I slipped and cut myself
Use a ladder be carefull!
Or you could use prop covers, might slow you down a little Hey you could take apart a fan and install the cage around the prop
Old 01-28-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Cool

OK, I got a story on this one...

A girl I used to work with and her husband had an outbored with a shiny new (sharp) stainless prop on it. They were floating on the river (engine stopped), and they decided to take a dip. One of thier passangers (a guy) jumped off the back, and hit the prop (not running)...

...it sliced through his bathing suit, and yes, cut his "manhood" off. However, he was a little lucky in that when he got back in the boat, he realized it was still hanging on by a piece of skin.

They proceeded to the hospital, where it was sewn back on. This was years ago, so I don't have a follow up on whether it still works today...

Quick Reply: i need advise??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.