Like Tree0Likes

POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2006, 07:36 PM
  #11
Registered
 
hugetime1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lake George Area NY
My Boats: 1997 hustler sport
Posts: 2,075
Arrow Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnichols
As I posted at the end of the previous thread...Link


The parasites the article refers to are those that hide out in a cove near the course and jump out when a group comes by to see how he competes. Screwing up when he doesn't know the group is being held back by a group leader due to agreement with the Coast Guard and getting all excited when he's in the lead.

It's happened too many times on our runs. If we catch them now, (by picture or what ever) we'll publish their behavior on our B-safe website so other event producers know and can be forwarned. Hopefully a little pere pressure will make a differance.

Now, what would you name the boaters that calls me just after an event and sure would like their photos or some of that video our helicopter just happened to take of them while they ran with our fleet, or jumped in line at our photo station and got their pictures taken?

They just can't understand why it costs so much to get their pictures, our helicopter and photographer was just there anyways!

Or how about the "really cool" ones that post on a web site that they are going to the event because they know a buddy who will get them in for the free pizza and beer on Friday night. Yeah, they can make one wrist band go a long way

Think I'll quit before I get myself upset

Jim
I think some of this behavior would upset shane as well! but I do see shanes point. if he happens to be flying along and pass a bunch of poker runners, he should have the right to do so! because as popular as these poker runs are, poker runs america has to remember they don't own the waterways.
hugetime1 is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
  #12
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnichols
As I posted at the end of the previous thread...Link


The parasites the article refers to are those that hide out in a cove near the course and jump out when a group comes by to see how he competes. Screwing up when he doesn't know the group is being held back by a group leader due to agreement with the Coast Guard and getting all excited when he's in the lead.

It's happened too many times on our runs. If we catch them now, (by picture or what ever) we'll publish their behavior on our B-safe website so other event producers know and can be forwarned. Hopefully a little pere pressure will make a differance.

Now, what would you name the boaters that calls me just after an event and sure would like their photos or some of that video our helicopter just happened to take of them while they ran with our fleet, or jumped in line at our photo station and got their pictures taken?

They just can't understand why it costs so much to get their pictures, our helicopter and photographer was just there anyways!

Or how about the "really cool" ones that post on a web site that they are going to the event because they know a buddy who will get them in for the free pizza and beer on Friday night. Yeah, they can make one wrist band go a long way

Think I'll quit before I get myself upset

Jim
Your point is taken, however, the article does not read that way at all. There is no delineation and it basically says if you are not entered in the run, and you are in a performance boat on the same waterway, you are a THIEF! I have tried to enter the 1,000 Islands run with my 24 Skater several times. I have all the necessary safety equipment and then some. I have likely more experience than most who enter and I am FAR from hammer head.
Shane is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 PM
  #13
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis311
Nice, Now shut up and register for the Lake George Poker Run next week !!
I ordered the water pump assembly I need overnight and it did not show up yet. Tonight I see the expected ship date is not until next Tuesday. When it runs and pumps water etc., I will enter. Not to worry.
Shane is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 PM
  #14
NRG
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 100
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Hey BUTTHEAD! What kind of boat do YOU OWN? How much to YOU PAY to enter the same runs you speak of? Oh, you don't own a boat? Why? because you can't afford one and have to bum rides from manufacturer's?
Sorry, but comments or venting is one thing, these comments are grade school level at best. Does his personal income or bank account matter? Totally uncalled for no matter how pizzed you are.

Last edited by NRG; 05-12-2006 at 07:53 PM.
NRG is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 07:53 PM
  #15
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Couldn't agree more with the above post by NRG. Here's the other thread with pages of discussion on it.

Like I said in the other thread. The article appears to me to be very specific in the type of behavoir it is commenting on and is not talking about spectators at all. Again, if someone is offended by that article maybe they should re-evaluate their boating practices. My .02.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...77#post1724777
thisistank is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:13 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Too Old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
Couldn't agree more with the above post by NRG. Here's the other thread with pages of discussion on it.

Like I said in the other thread. The article appears to me to be very specific in the type of behavoir it is commenting on and is not talking about spectators at all. Again, if someone is offended by that article maybe they should re-evaluate their boating practices. My .02.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...77#post1724777
Sorry, I just didn't interpret the article the same way as you Tank.

And I don't think I need re-evaluate my boating practices.

The authors comment make me want to "stay away, stay far away" from poker runs as even a responsible spectator[not following the poker run and not crashing the parties].

In fact I probably want to keep away as a Poker Run sponsor too if promoters share his attitude.

If the author want to ***** about non paying boaters running with the group and freeloading at dinners or parties, I suspect he has the writing ability to make that point. Unfortunately he didn't.

His admonishment of non participants was far to broad.
Too Old is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:27 PM
  #17
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICK
Sorry, I just didn't interpret the article the same way as you Tank.

And I don't think I need re-evaluate my boating practices.

The authors comment make me want to "stay away, stay far away" from poker runs as even a responsible spectator[not following the poker run and not crashing the parties].

In fact I probably want to keep away as a Poker Run sponsor too if promoters share his attitude.

If the author want to ***** about non paying boaters running with the group and freeloading at dinners or parties, I suspect he has the writing ability to make that point. Unfortunately he didn't.

His admonishment of non participants was far to broad.
Fred, I could not agree with you more. Thank you for your articulate response and accurate summation.
Shane is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:28 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

I have to say that if people are running around the lake/river (whatever) it is a FREE WATERWAY and they should be able to do as they please as long as they are following safe boating practices. To say that some is a "thief" because they are running around with people in a poker run is rediculous...this is the USA, you have the freedom to do that.

If poker run organizers think it's such a hazard, (which it may be) then maybe they should have sanctioned events where other boaters can't have use of the body of water in question at time of the event.

I don't know anyone who actually crashes a poker run event, especially the dinner, etc....this isn't friggin hollywood.
Semper Fi is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:34 PM
  #19
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Niskayuna, NY
My Boats: 2009 FORMULA 292
Posts: 5,543
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG
Sorry, but comments or venting is one thing, these comments are grade school level at best. Does his personal income or bank account matter? Totally uncalled for no matter how pizzed you are.
NRG,

Childish? Perhaps you may have read the comments about members of this site in one of their relatively recent publications. If you did, you would understand that in fact THEY have cast the first stone, and by doing such they have opened themselves to the same treatment they felt appropriate for the members of this board, who by the way, are their readership and those that pay the bills.

I think it may time for the folks in Ventura hang up the helmet and move on to other endeavors. Hello EXTREME BOATS!
Shane is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Anarchy Powerboats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Phoenix, Havasu, Newport
My Boats: www.anarchypowerboats.com
Posts: 3,060
Default Re: POWERBOAT Mag NEVER CEASES to PIZZ ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I have to say that if people are running around the lake/river (whatever) it is a FREE WATERWAY and they should be able to do as they please as long as they are following safe boating practices. To say that some is a "thief" because they are running around with people in a poker run is rediculous...this is the USA, you have the freedom to do that.

If poker run organizers think it's such a hazard, (which it may be) then maybe they should have sanctioned events where other boaters can't have use of the body of water in question at time of the event.

I don't know anyone who actually crashes a poker run event, especially the dinner, etc....this isn't friggin hollywood.
Yeah, I don't see how anyone "crashes anyhow. When i attended last year we all had wristbands.
Anarchy Powerboats is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dean51267
General Boating Discussion
5
03-30-2007 12:13 PM
fobes
General Boating Discussion
0
06-01-2005 11:23 PM
Becca
General Boating Discussion
2
08-15-2002 09:39 AM
US1 Fountain
General Boating Discussion
31
01-16-2002 12:58 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.