Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SHOOTOUT fun run-LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130036-shootout-fun-run-loto.html)

Buddy OO 05-13-2006 07:58 AM

SHOOTOUT fun run-LOTO

We are again already planning for the Friday shootout fun run, last year we had over 150 boats, expecting many more this year, wanted to know if everyone whoparticipated last year thought we had a good set up with Big Dicks , the buffet, drink specials, BJ has already ask us to start working on this so we can have an awesome time, We are working on some additional things this year to enhance the experience for everyone. any ideas appreciated. again the run will be sponsored by Budweiser and all proceeds will go to the lake firefighters. what does everyone think about multiple stops this year. We are planning on meeting at Horney Toad/ Gator flats cove, running to Dog days either on way or back from Big Dicks then back to Gator Flats for live band, Hopefully Ralph Butler or equal band with drink and food specials. need all ideas, thanks Jim midwest performance marine/LOTO powerboat club/ , Blue Moon Marina will be providing fuel discounts this year for all participants.

Biggus 05-13-2006 08:04 AM

Re: SHOOTOUT fun run-LOTO

Last years run was a hoot! I'l be dragging the Gun down from Maine once again. Hope to spend another week on the lake. LOTO ROCKS!!!!!!

Kurt :drink:

buck183 05-13-2006 08:28 AM

Looking forward to whatever you come up with. I've always loved that run. Probably my favorite part of the weekend actually. It's one of the only times that everyone is together at one time.

Buck

Harper220 05-13-2006 10:10 AM

Just make sure that each run between stops is worth the ride. If they are short runs it's not worth my time to stop and tie up every few miles. That happened two years ago shootout weekend poker run. big dicks to hooligan bay, to tequilaville, to captains galley, to the fish. It took longer to tie up and untie than it took to go from captains galley to the fish.

I think at least 10 to 15 miles between each stop would be nice.

Harper220 05-13-2006 10:27 AM

Jim could you post some pictures of the Blue Moon/supercat cove project? I haven't made it to the lake yet this year and would like to see what you've done with the place.

Buddy OO 05-13-2006 04:20 PM

will take some pics this week, just left there, we have some fine looking ladies, and trying to get more, say wild over there, cleaning and working on the 50v, many new boats running hard today, saw reliable, bud select, 2 new outerlimits, gentry skater, several cigs. new signs will be up next week, will try to get the girls in some pics also, the run from horney toad to dog days is 13 miles and then 28 miles to big dicks, 41 mile long run back to gator flats. thanks for the imput.

CustomRigger101 05-15-2006 02:55 PM

i'll be there this year

Von Bongo 05-15-2006 02:57 PM

Putting the Cig at Bluemoon for the summer.. Saw the big Nortech last weekend on the trailer.

We'll be doing the run

cigarette38topgun 05-15-2006 03:46 PM

what weekend will this be on? The friday before the shootout?

Wild 05-15-2006 04:10 PM

Von i must have just missed you at Blue moon, we were in a black 4 door GMG, just as we got there Jim was taking the 50 out of the water.

Is your cig on the water yet

Wild