Notices

Any divers?

Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any divers?

As I debate purchasing a different boat, I wonder how practical the performance boats are vs the perf hull cc's. I am looking to get into something in the mid 20's. Looking at Donzi, Scarab and Formula. I enjoy traveling to different areas in my boat but don't see myself just running out to dive a wreck and riding back in.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Any divers?

CC's are way more practical and easier to maintain if that is what you are looking for.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

I don't have a whole lot of experience with CC's. I can say that my team is still looking for a boat and it WILL have a dive door. I've spent the last eight years lifting tanks (and my arse) over the side of the hull. There's a better way.
By the way, seeing as how you are close by maybe you could show me some dive spots.

Bryan
Old 05-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think a walkaround is a better option. I am actually thinking of a RIB for diving. If you dive in cooler weather you will freeze your ass off coming back in on a CC. At least a walkaround or something with a cabin will be more comfortable in the cooler temps.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Registered

Performance boat is not the way to go for diving. Go with a go fast CC if you are going to do any diving. CC scarab is a good boat. Concept is ok, I think the scarab rides a little better in rough water than a concept
Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

We used my lil Brothers 18' Sea Ray Seville, it was a hoot.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take A Look At Regulator And Contender Both Great Boats All Around.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Although neither of my boats could be considered 'large' by comparison with most others around here , one is definitely classed 'performance' and the other is a c/c .

I really enjoy the freedom of movement in a c/c . Handling singlehanded is a snap as you can be at either end of the boat in a split second and the lower maintenance (not to be confused with neglect) is a plus.

Fortunately there are lot more performance c/c's to pick from now than there was 25 years ago. I think you get the best of both worlds .
Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Absolutely Love My Proline. Like Mad Said Movement About The Boat Is Very Simple. Although It Is Not As Fast As My Scarab Clean Up Is Easy. I Just Pressure Was The Chit Out Of It And Call It A Day. My Dogs Love It To And I Don't Have To Worry About The Seats.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered

performance boat are just for run fast, dive boat that another different story, i been diving for 30 years and mobility is the most importan thing in a boat that you will use to go diving, easy entry to the water is one thing and can be achieve in any boat but when you have to come out and set you gear in a place you need an easy access, just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Any divers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.