Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bird Poop on Upholstery (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130268-bird-poop-upholstery.html)

Magicfloat 05-16-2006 10:24 AM

Bird Poop on Upholstery

Parked a new boat in my neighbor's boathouse,did not know the barn swallows had built a nest right over the boat. It has stained the grey vinyl. We tried everything we knew to get it out to no avail. Does anybody have a miracle concoction for barn swallow poop stain removal? :p

Ted G 05-16-2006 10:36 AM

Re: Bird Poop on Upholstery

If you haven't tried a Mr Clean Magic Eraser, give it a shot. It uses some kind of buffing agent, never seen anything clean vinyl like it.

Wobble 05-16-2006 10:56 AM

don't know how to clean it, but a large plastic owl will keep the birds away :D

Car Biz 05-16-2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by insptech
If you haven't tried a Mr Clean Magic Eraser, give it a shot. It uses some kind of buffing agent, never seen anything clean vinyl like it.

yup those things are the bomb. After using them protect the vinyl with some 303.

IM4A2Z 05-16-2006 02:06 PM

Spider poop, from overhaed shelter/storgae is a pain to get out of your interioras well. I ALWAYS coverfor overnight or more then a few hours under cover.

Magic Eraser is the one stop solution!

Magicfloat 05-16-2006 03:30 PM

Magic Eraser did not work either,but we did find a solution,Star Brite Hull Cleaner. It's a liquid with acid in it for cleaning fiberglass hulls left in the water. Doubt it's good for vinyl except extreme cases like this,but it did the job. Thanks for the advice.Robert

Chris288 05-16-2006 03:41 PM

I have a similar problem, Duct tape residue on my cockpit cover... Magic erasers are the absolute bomb, but not on canvas, took some blue out of mine and left the glue on it. Anyone know if goof off is o.k. for sunbrella like material or know of something that will take glue residue off of canvas material.. ??? :(

RedDog382 05-16-2006 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288
I have a similar problem, Duct tape residue on my cockpit cover... Magic erasers are the absolute bomb, but not on canvas, took some blue out of mine and left the glue on it. Anyone know if goof off is o.k. for sunbrella like material or know of something that will take glue residue off of canvas material.. ??? :(

Did you try Goo Gone? Maybe a light wipe with acetone on a clean rag?

Steet 05-16-2006 08:50 PM

I found something that worked better than all the above and was very surprized. It is frenzy boat wax/cleaner. It also takes the black off the back of boats very easily. Try it
It took a red streak off my interior, (finger nail polish, blood)

Magicfloat 05-16-2006 09:05 PM

Went to their website but could not find the specific product. More info please,sounds like something I can use.