Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year >

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Notices

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

wasnt the renault alliance motor trends car of the year? yeah the one with all those black circles in consumer reports a few months later and zero resale value sad but true
Old 05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Originally Posted by century29
Not to take anything away from the boat, because its a sweet boat. But I take little stock in the powerboat magazine "awards". I feel they should call it the "advertiser of the year award."
Got that right!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Originally Posted by century29
Not to take anything away from the boat, because its a sweet boat. But I take little stock in the powerboat magazine "awards". I feel they should call it the "advertiser of the year award."
I believe that to be 1000% true
Old 05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Fountain haters................... Chicks dig big beaks
Old 05-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So I gues you all are saying that all the manufactures that won an award only did because of the advertising business they did with Powerboat? That is what it seems like so that means that the Donzi, MTI, Cigarette and many others that won an award did not deserve it just like you are saying about the Fountain? Just wondering why you are jumping on Fountain for winning an award and not the other manufactures?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

I'm not jumping on Fountain or any manufacture just the fact that Powerboat is always coming up with new categories for every possible boat or price and keeps diluting any award they give out.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not knocking this Fountain, cause I actually like this particular model, and have driven it a few times when I had my Nortech 4300. I don't believe everything I read, especially in PB. Point Prooven....Nortech very rarely puts a add in, and if they do, it's a 1/4 page. Why are they so busy, and why have they not won any awards. They are right up there with the VERY BEST of them. I rest my case, politics. Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WTF is the "Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year Award," anyway? When did they invent this category? What is prestige...fastest? Best looking? Best value? Best what...?

(and I'm not looking for the dictionary definition. I know what it means)

Prestige.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Jass, maybe Nor-Tech has not won an award because they have not sent a boat to a performance trial? I really do not know and I am not sticking up for Powerboat mag I am just pointing this out.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
WTF is the "Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year Award," anyway? When did they invent this category? What is prestige...fastest? Best looking? Best value? Best what...?

(and I'm not looking for the dictionary definition. I know what it means)

Prestige.
Reading Comprehension 101.

Powerboat named the new 47 Fountain their "Offshore Boat of the Year."

Fountain then put out a press release acknowledging the honor and described the award as "Prestigious."

Does Cig use some kind of toxic paint that eats away your brains or what

Quick Reply: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.