Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year >

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Notices

Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year Award
It was a dig at Fountain. I'm glad they can self-proclaim their own prestige...because powerboat has little.

Comprehend?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Jass, maybe Nor-Tech has not won an award because they have not sent a boat to a performance trial? I really do not know and I am not sticking up for Powerboat mag I am just pointing this out.
Powerboat tested our 39 V this year.
36 cat's the two previous.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the

Originally Posted by CigDaze
It was a dig at Fountain. I'm glad they can self-proclaim their own prestige...because powerboat has little.

Comprehend?
Sure, I'm just returning the favor to the Fountain bashers.

You guys love to dish it out...........
Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's no fun if you don't.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, I wasn't bashing Fountain. I was bashing powerboat mag.

Its smart of reggie to throw so much money at that mag. It reads like a brochure.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Powerboat tested our 39 V this year.
36 cat's the two previous.
I did read all the articles. I still feel you should have got the Offshore Customer Satisfaction most bling for the buck Catamaran of the year award between 36-38. (See I Made You A Catagory), this way MTI could keep the 42. Who judges these boats, and picks the winners, Bob Teague. I just see alot of west coast boats. To me it appears the demographics of the magazine is on a slight down hill slide, along with some of the latest articles.

Now how about OFFSHORE VBOTTOM WORKMANSHIP. 39 cig.
Great boat, by my standards, but what the hell, at $846,208.00. (AND DONT TELL ME YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, I HAD A 2000 single step Top Gun) Do I get a driver everytime I hop in it, or even better get a free detail when I bring it back in. Thats 200k more than even an OL or better yet 400k more than a 39 Nortech. My point is what are you getting for the coin. Does dollars dictate a win here I will make a new catagory for the 39v class, in addition to the one mentioned (Outstanding Value V-Bottom as good as the rest that we can also throw in a 39 Center console for the same price) I apologize for my rambling Jeff
Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

You have to wonder if some of those 4 page spreads are worth the expense. Anything over two pages seems like overkill to me.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

You have to wonder if some of those 4 page spreads are worth the expense. Anything over two pages seems like overkill to me.
I agree. Does any one know what a 1/4, 1/2, or full page cost. JEFF
Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I agree. Does any one know what a 1/4, 1/2, or full page cost. JEFF
I believe 1/2 page full color is about 5k a month. at least thats what I heard from a mutual friend of ours the other day
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

i really think any boat i cant afford sucks..............But that is just because i am jealous..........deep childhood issues i am dealing with, so just bear with me.............seriously i just cried................

Quick Reply: Fountain 47 Lightning Wins Powerboat Magazine's Prestigious Offshore Boat of the Year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.