Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This may not be the time or place, but... >

This may not be the time or place, but...

Notices

This may not be the time or place, but...

Old 01-17-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool This may not be the time or place, but...

I know this may not be the time or place, but I'm runing out of resources!! I am on a mission to find a 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Special Edition Convertible made with the Chrome Yellow paint scheme.

For you non-Ford guys, it was a one season run paint and it came from the factory with Chrome 5-star wheels and either black top/black leather or white top/white leather.

I prefer the yellow/black combo and a 5-spd
transmission. It is really a neat combo.

Anyone know who has one for sale or where there is one for sale? Your help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 01-17-2002, 10:54 PM
NJScarab

There was one for sale in north Jersey about 2 weeks ago. Nice ride, yellow black n'black the only thing that sucked was it was an auto. Next time I'm up there I'll see if it's there.

Old 01-17-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

Yeah, the automatic is the last resort, but maybe a shift kit and some 3.73 gears may wake it up a little!!
Thanks for keeping me in mind!! This should be my 200th post, maybe I'll get some luck
!!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:40 PM
flynlow

Cool

Formula1,

aahhhhhhh, the good ol pony car. I just sold a 93lx with mods and motivated by a 150 shot of NOS!!! man I loved that car. anyway you might want to try a couple places on the web. Try these:
www.thecorral.net www.thefordmall.com

these are sights related to mustangs only. lots of good suggestions, for some more motivation for that 5.0

the corral has a very large classified section of cars for sale as well. hope this helps

Old 01-18-2002, 12:09 AM
KN
Registered

Hey Formula 1 check out www.collectorcartraderonline.com they have several, all automatics also check out www.yellowmustangregistry.com Hold out until you find a standard. If I come across any I will let you know, good luck.

Kirk
Old 01-18-2002, 12:34 AM
KN
Registered

Thumbs up

Formula1

I found one for you, 18,300 original miles black top, black interior, all options,
5-speed. check your e-mail

Kirk
Old 01-18-2002, 12:45 AM
Registered

Formula1 - Try these guy's. They have a pretty good connection.

Golden Classic's @ 1-727-726-1957
or 1-727-449-1962

and there's another guy in Tarpon Springs, FL but I can't remember the name. If you need it let me know and i'll get it for you.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Registered

Kirk, I'll be waiting!

Steve
Old 01-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Thanks Kirk, that's the machine! A little pricey though ! But I'll give them a call and see what's up!

Steve
Old 01-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Registered

I have had 5 mustangs last one was a 92 ragtop special edition, the red, white top, white leather, white rims, I got the auto, and it was a total dog, but my plan was to drop a fuel injected, blown 460 in it, and an auto with lots of work was the only way to go for that much horsepower. I wad about 450 horse in my 4th one and it was a stick, and I was going thru a cluth every 4-6 months, and I blew 4 t-5 trans's in it. Given I was 19 and not an ounce of brains in my head so it was driven really hard always, but still, if you plan on driving hard a t-5 will not last more than 20,000 miles, and if you plan on building itand driving it hard plan on a new trans every 10,000 miles after about 5000 miles the syncros start to go, and power shifting become a loud grinding experience, I was pulling my t-5 trans and putting new syncro's in it about every two months, but keep in mind I needed new tires every month too, I never took of in anything less than a 4000 rpm launch with lots of wheel smoke. If ypu plan on just leaving it fairly stock, and driving normal most the time a stick would be fine. Just some things to keep in mind

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]

Quick Reply: This may not be the time or place, but...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.