Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Speed racer

mike
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wondering. Do you have to drain out the fuel tanks when you tilt the trailer? Would make for a pain at the end of a run.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rsess
Just wondering. Do you have to drain out the fuel tanks when you tilt the trailer? Would make for a pain at the end of a run.
Um... would there be any fuel left??
Old 05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sellsman11
How about the "10mph faster" pics
oh yeah!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:40 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rsess
you have to rig the boat to vent to the high side so you don't have issues like that....
Old 05-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
you have to rig the boat to vent to the high side so you don't have issues like that....
Sean, I'm gonna open myself up to all kinds of comments on this, But, CAN YOU DO THAT?????

I mean, I guess you could with the fuel tanks, and have check valve's so they don't flow to one another.
But engine oils, hydraulic fluid, and every other liquid.????

Ok, help me out on this one, sometimes only a stupid person asks a smart question.
What IS required to haul a boat on it's side like that??

I still say if I had the chance, I'd have run all the fuel out and got towed back to the launch ramp
Old 05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Ok, help me out on this one, sometimes only a stupid person asks a smart question.
Cool question. Never really thought about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Sean, I'm gonna open myself up to all kinds of comments on this, But, CAN YOU DO THAT?????

I mean, I guess you could with the fuel tanks, and have check valve's so they don't flow to one another.
But engine oils, hydraulic fluid, and every other liquid.????

I still say if I had the chance, I'd have run all the fuel out and got towed back to the launch ramp
I have thought about that before but came to this conclusion.

One, if things leaked like that just from a boat going on its side they are going to leak from the vibration and g's that they receive from everyday usage, so I am sure if they leaked once, they fixed it.

Two, if you are hauling a boat on its side like that, it is probably getting some of the best attention that a boat can get by its owners...riggers...etc so I am sure its as tight as a frogs ass.

Three, the only other thing I can think of is that I am sure as soon as you set the boat down I am sure you don't want to fire it right up, you might want to let the oil hit the bottom of the pan first, but other then that I would say it should all be fine.

Of coarse I could be completely wrong to but I have also pondered this before and that's what I came up with. Its not like they are putting a bayliner up on its side or there would be a big mess in the bilge. These are high dollar aqua toys.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:42 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

most of these boats are dry sumped engines, so there is very little oil in the actual engine so that eliminates most of the issues, the rest of the fluids seem not be a big deal as i have seen boats go from tilt to flat and into water and back out again onto the trailer with nothing more than you would usually do on a boat.... i wouldnt top it off with fuel if you were going to haul it that way, more to do with the weight than anything...
Old 05-19-2006, 05:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I was just thinking about this yesterday. cool to know.

Quick Reply: Speed racer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.