New England Beats Raiders In Overtime! >

New England Beats Raiders In Overtime!

Notices

New England Beats Raiders In Overtime!

Old 01-20-2002, 10:05 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
BD 24 I agreed with you right up to the point that they diagnosed the call after the game about 30 times from every view point. It was the right call. Sorry but hey a win is a win don't care how they got it!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 10:36 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree with you Jon. They told me the rule. don't buy it. Refs were not paying attention the whole game. They missed 2 pass interference calls, too.

Plus, the incomplete pass. SO, under the way they interpret the rule, a QB can drop back pump fake, and never fumble after that? I watch a lot of NFL football, and I've seen calls like that go the other way more times than the way they called it.

I didn't care who won (the Fins are out, so who cares.LOL!), but I never like a game that has poor ref-ing. Maybe too much snow blinded them.

Mark
Old 01-20-2002, 11:31 AM
Mike J

Jon: You must be looking at
different tapes in the Noreast
than we on the Left Coast are
watching, Shows both of the
Quaterbacks hands were on the
ball in front of him when
woodson knocked the ball out of
His "HANDS".
One of the worst calls I have
seen.
Mike J.

Old 01-20-2002, 12:12 PM
cag33

If you rember a few weeks back, the officials commitee sent a letter apoligizing for the officiating of two games that decided by a ref's calls now it happen's again. Pittsburg all over again!

Old 01-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What ever. Then call it payback for the game years ago. There were face masks that were not called and lot of missed calls for both teams. Mike they Frame by framed it and if you take one view it does look like his had COULD be touching, obviously that is the tape they are playing out on the left coast, but from the other views it is not. The rule I will agree IS STUPID, and should be changed, and maybe this will cause that change, but it is a rule, and a good call. The only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. They dropped their guard in the last quarter and the Pats took advantage of it. They should have never let the pats into that position to begin with. Anyhow if the Steelers play next week like they are this week neither one of those teams will beat them. They are playing great football!!!!