Default Re: Marine Battery - Which Brand to Choose

Odyssey
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/
Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

AC Delco Marine battery.......works great never a problem (and I work at a dealer ship so the $$ was right!!)
Old 05-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got 3 batteries. I get new ones every other year as cheap $150 insurance. Walmart. Never let me down.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Optima
When I bought my Top Gun it had a set in there that were 5 years old !
They were still good but I replaced them with 2 new new Optima lots of $ but worth every dime. One of my workers put one of the old ones in his truck------ Still going strong. They are the best ! You get what you pay for !

LS
Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Autozone Duralast dual-purpose 1000...$60 each.They are the deal of deals.Warranty great..reserve great..price unreal..dual posts..
Old 05-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe Nortech uses DEKA
Old 05-21-2006, 11:30 AM
JTB
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
walmart batteries are made by interstate, same thing just in a yellow plastic. they are less expensive, and come with a warranty. i know a guy that gets a new one every year, just takes it in and returns it, he hasnt bought one in years, to me it's stealing but he has no conscience.

Make no mistake, Walmart batteries are not made by Interstate. I am a 11 year Interstate employee. Ijust did not want incorrect information out there.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Batteries are the very worst place to buy cheap. Not that the most expensive are the best, but what ever the best ones are are the ones you want in your boat. I'm a big fan of gel filled due to the high heat they experience and had excellent results (over 5 years) with EXIDE Nautical series...
Old 05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by JTB
Make no mistake, Walmart batteries are not made by Interstate. I am a 11 year Interstate employee. Ijust did not want incorrect information out there.
My apologies, I knew it was one of the big manufacturers.

"Most auto batteries are made by just three manufacturers, Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names.

Delphi makes ACDelco and some EverStart (Wal-Mart) models. Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, and some EverStart batteries. Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts."

source:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/premium/co...ml?id=95700426
Old 05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
K,
Just save your money and go to Walmart. Batteries in Fl. don't last that long because of the excessive heat, and Wally world's will do just fine. They have worked great for me in the past. I have 4 MASSIVE Cell phone tower batteries in the Nordic now, because the guy I bought it from installed cell phone towers for a living! Does the Donzi have a built in Battery charger? Call my cell when you are ready to go over to harbortown.
Dean
Hey, just got home .. ran some errands after we came back in. Was hot as hell out today. Dale saw me as I was coming into harbortown and he came in for a second to say hi. His Baja sounds mean with those 502s ...

Anyways ...

1. Boat is still in the water but will be on a work stand tomorrow night so I can get the motors flushed. I'll prob. be there around 5:30 or so if you can/want to come by.

2. I pulled the two old batteries out ... they were gel-cell EXIDEs and look like there are still under the "18 month money-back" guarantee. They have May 05 manufacturing stickers on them. I'll just have to find a place that sells EXIDE and explain the situation. I did get one of those rechargable jump-start boxes just in case.

Kyle

Quick Reply: Marine Battery - Which Brand to Choose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.