Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   JC visits Grover's? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130610-jc-visits-grovers.html)

CBR 05-20-2006 10:30 PM

JC visits Grover's?

One mean looking and sounding Firebird pulled into Grovers today. Before I had a chance to climb down from my boat to see if it was the famous "duct tape master" JC, the car disappeared in a cloud of rubber particulate.

Sounded like my old 69 GTO with a high lift cam. Cool!

What are the performance numbers on this beast?

Vinny P 05-21-2006 01:48 PM

Re: JC visits Grover's?

HI Chris,

I was there all morning, was working on a few things on the engine, so I went out and came back to the dock a few times. I didnt see you there at all. I guess you were up front somewhere?? Are you going to the air show next weekend?

Vinny

JCPERF 05-21-2006 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by CBR
One mean looking and sounding Firebird pulled into Grovers today. Before I had a chance to climb down from my boat to see if it was the famous "duct tape master" JC, the car disappeared in a cloud of rubber particulate.

Sounded like my old 69 GTO with a high lift cam. Cool!

What are the performance numbers on this beast?

I have a 73 Corvette with 850 HP blower motor.Dante wouldnt be crazy having that there :drink: The car is actually a block away in a body shop in Freeport.Built with no duct tape :D

CBR 05-21-2006 06:05 PM

OK, JC, a case of mistaken identity. Look forward to seeing the vette when it is finished.

Vin, I was there on Saturday. Definite yes on the airshow! Likely will be anchored overnight, so you have a dock, err boat, waiting to raft up to if you want.

Vinny P 05-21-2006 07:12 PM

Chris,
I didnt realize your post was from yesterday. I guess I should have read it more in detail. As far as the air show, I should have about 5 or 6 boats that are going to be meeting uo in Zachs Bay, Dont know which day yet, will figure it out later in the week.

el indio 05-21-2006 07:53 PM

wow!!!!!!!!!!reading this makes me homesick........hope to be back east this summer...........mark...........

CBR 05-22-2006 01:15 AM

M.M., be sure to let us know when you are coming out here. Something tells me you have a lifetime of free booze ahead of you at any boating event.

Hope your bones continue to mend with Apache speed and durability!

I noticed there is a big red trailer with Apache painted on it at one of the marinas near Grovers, no yellow tape on the htich post though. <gg> Say hi to Lucy for me.

el indio 05-23-2006 07:56 PM

will let you know weeks before we arrive.................m.m......