Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has Outterlimits ever won a world title??? >

Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Notices

Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Shhhheeeww......

I had to take a Xanax just to get through those last few pages.

All better now.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, as I sit here in my hotel room in Birmingham, AL this thread really gives me better entertainment that what is on TV.

Sharkey, I was great to finally meet you in Destin at Hollis' ORL meeting. It's all in good fun and I was suprised you did not even have a OL t-shirt on...oh wait a minute....it's Cigarette that's into the t-shirt deal...my bad .

Anyway, it's my dream to see the Fountains from SBI (much better prepared boats than the Muscle Fountain) and the Skaters in SBI run together with the OSS OL and Badboy boat. I loved seeing OL finally get a boat out there to race...good for them they did well! Like I said it's just probably a dream.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unification of Offshore Racing

This is such a recurring theme here and I believe it should continue, to drive our point home.
Racers, organizers, promoters and possible sponsors check in here, I'm sure.
It's what all the fans want and surely it's agreed by now that the fans drive the sport.

I will always have hope.

Last edited by 9 Lives; 11-17-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been first hand in both camps[OL and Fountain] and know all the first hand knowledge!!!I am told by both sides to post only what they tell me to post.I am not a cheerleader for OL or Fountain.There is a big rivalry!!I have been a close friend to Joe Sgro who i have raced with and supported since i have met him.He raced for Reggie and now has teamed up with OL for specific reasons.What i am getting at is that what is being posted here on this thread is alot of BS.If you post on this thread, you should know the FACTS of what is true!!!
Attached Thumbnails Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???-i2.jpg   Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???-sgro4.jpg  
Old 11-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What speeds are the OSS Super V's running and what speeds are the SBI/APBA Super V's running?
Old 11-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
What speeds are the OSS Super V's running and what speeds are the SBI/APBA Super V's running?
It is not the top speed that they run.It is how they accelerate.A good super vee can run 110 plus top speed.What they look at is how fast can the boat go from 60 to 90.A good boat can do it in 10 to 11 seconds.Your dealing with no power and RPM and the focus is in acceleration with a good top speed and a good turning boat.These boats can run 114 set up for a kilo run, but dont run near that race ready.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
He managed to bring a brand new boat to the World's last year, kept it afloat with shrink wrap because of a delaminated bottom, idled across the start line by himself and was advertising a week later they won the World Championship Title in Super Vee Unlimited after not allowing a few other boats to compete...He pays the bills and has the cheapest infomercial airtime going along with it! Yeah, I would say it's R's show.. Without him, what are you left with? An hour of free time to cut the lawn on Saturday.

As I said in the past, I don't dislike the performance of the boats, nor dislike him as a person, just his practices of getting his class titles...

Read the Rule book. As long as the work is approved and done by the approved sealer of the engines, he is not cheating... So with that, technically he is running legal, but just might have a little more than someone else...Seems fair doesn't it ?
I am familiar with the delamination incident. I am also aware of the class that boats is in etc. old news.
That's ONE incident out of almost two decades of Fountain championships in all different classes. I guess Fountain has had their little hands in every race for almost 20 years? Come on, we all weren't born yesterday.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
Unification of Offshore Racing

This is such a recurring theme here and it believe it should continue to drive our point home.
Racers, organizers, promoters and possible sponsors check in here, I'm sure.
It's what all the fans want and surely it's agreed by now that the fans drive the sport.

I will always have hope.

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The skater can race SBI because it was designed by Baja.. and everyone knows they don't have a chance

Ernie
Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
The skater can race SBI because it was designed by Baja.. and everyone knows they don't have a chance

Ernie

Hey now! You tryin to start a fight

Quick Reply: Has Outterlimits ever won a world title???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.