How do you guys handle this.. >

How do you guys handle this..

Notices

How do you guys handle this..

Old 05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Re: How do you guys handle this..

All this is the reason I only allow 4 on my boat(including me) except for short "taxi" rides.

I am so sure of this that my next boat will probably be like the 42' PR Fountain or MTI and have 4 dedicated seats. I only allow my girl and another couple or her and two "friends" to come aboard.

And if it is another couple they better be good with docklines and a wash brush.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta agree with you guys... While I allow my male friends on the boat. Its understood that its their responsibility to round up the chicks and pick up the bar tab. I dont ask for boat money or gas money. And they pretty much take care of my bar tab year round. So it all works out.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Sheesh, I'm a sucker and invoted one of them to sleep on my boat for two nights and then he's on his own.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds to me like you need a bigger boat
Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I invited a buddy from college I still hang w every now and then, out on the boat for a river bash this weekend.
It's a dude ranch any way you slice it, wife and kid is going to her moms etc, just me and the boys, heck, I'm planning to bring the dogs even, (strip of carpet over the rear seat).

So I invited him and I told him straight up, it takes $100 for 1/2 gas, no if ands or buts. Gas grass or ass, and for him, It's only gas. (that's nothing for 2 days of boating, you guys know...).
Oh the pissin and moaning It still hasn't stopped.
But even with the complaining I never heard that he will pony up, makes mee feel uncomfortable and kinda used

Now this is a fairly big drinkin, titty flashin, sand bar deal, but hell, I'm 42 years old, I like a few beers in the sun and hard liqour on the dock, but this guy is takin his 1 year chip from AA, (minus a few little slips and a DUI last month, his 3rd in 2 years)
I don't have a problem with him or anyone else not drinkin and I have lots of friends that don't drink, and don't have an issue if I drink in moderation, but this guy sez, "I'm bringing a couple of cases of beer, there aint no way I'm going to a big river party with a bunch of drinking going on and not drinking beer"

So I'm starting to think, (This guy is too f-cked up, college roomate or not, I'm cutting him loose.) I'd have a much more enjoyable weekend without him there.
This guy has so many issues I don't even want to begin to deal.

I was going to call and tell him my parts didn't come in and then got the call tonight that my parts really didn't come in and the forcast is for rain anyway.

So maybe I'll just stay home and drink alone
Old 05-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

We all get along great..of course there is the usual drama between anyone but we all drink and party togehter so we mix well..This is a party weekend for sure so the more people the better...I mean chip in for gas if ya want OR buy more supplies.I'm gonna always bring more than I need everytime..It costs ME to goout there so that is what I plan for..don't start drinking my **** when your runs out...then again.That has never happened with this crew.

I just like for everyone to be in on the action ya know...just don't make me uncomfortable.If I wanna walk in the cabin and walk around with my junk hanging out then I will.....we find some "fun" people to play with then scram!

I think it comes down to this...If your a guy you should have your own boat if you wanna play on this level...If you are a girl "welcome aboard".rules to be followed though!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:05 AM

As I stated before lots of "friends" wil continue to ride for free until you stop it. In my case 30yr is old enough to buy your own boat!!!! My two friends that purchased theirs didn't until I put my foot down. When everyone knows you as the great fun host its hard to say no. but when ther good time takes away from yours is when you need to say NO.

WILL
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dregsz
I invited a buddy from college I still hang w every now and then, out on the boat for a river bash this weekend.
It's a dude ranch any way you slice it, wife and kid is going to her moms etc, just me and the boys, heck, I'm planning to bring the dogs even, (strip of carpet over the rear seat).

So I invited him and I told him straight up, it takes $100 for 1/2 gas, no if ands or buts. Gas grass or ass, and for him, It's only gas. (that's nothing for 2 days of boating, you guys know...).
Oh the pissin and moaning It still hasn't stopped.
But even with the complaining I never heard that he will pony up, makes mee feel uncomfortable and kinda used

Now this is a fairly big drinkin, titty flashin, sand bar deal, but hell, I'm 42 years old, I like a few beers in the sun and hard liqour on the dock, but this guy is takin his 1 year chip from AA, (minus a few little slips and a DUI last month, his 3rd in 2 years)
I don't have a problem with him or anyone else not drinkin and I have lots of friends that don't drink, and don't have an issue if I drink in moderation, but this guy sez, "I'm bringing a couple of cases of beer, there aint no way I'm going to a big river party with a bunch of drinking going on and not drinking beer"

So I'm starting to think, (This guy is too f-cked up, college roomate or not, I'm cutting him loose.) I'd have a much more enjoyable weekend without him there.
This guy has so many issues I don't even want to begin to deal.

I was going to call and tell him my parts didn't come in and then got the call tonight that my parts really didn't come in and the forcast is for rain anyway.

So maybe I'll just stay home and drink alone
you will get the blame if he falls off the wagon, it's his problem, part off the cure is not putting yourself in the wrong type of situation.

This guy has already proven that he wont stop at the bar, he may well keep on drinking after he leaves your boat and then get in a car to go buy more.

Not your problem, but you don't want that on your conscience either.

I'd be tempted to tell him exactly why he isn't going, he has already proved he can be a menace to society
Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered

My buddy is at that point all ready...I invite "fun couples"....Tammy has other friends that all wanna go but ya pick the more open ones..We have made this mistake once before..I have no problems with my boys.They keep an eye on my ****.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

We have friends like that also...never no when to back off of the booze.It's no fun if ya get sick..but it's no fun if you can remember.Fine line there somewhere

Quick Reply: How do you guys handle this..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.