Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maryland Surveyor.......... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/130920-maryland-surveyor.html)

Semper Fi 05-24-2006 08:58 AM

Maryland Surveyor..........

As most of us know, they are alot more "bad" experiences than "good" experiences in boating dealing with manufacturers to surveyors. I have had 2 excellent experiences with this surveyor. :drink:

I've had 2 surveys done by Franky Pettolina and he is very detailed and professional. You get a detailed 20 page survey with pictures and everything. He is extremely knowledgeable and great to work with. I even got a X-mas card from him last year :D

Franky Pettolina
1 Harwich Court
Ocean Pines, MD 21811

PH: 410-208-1862
CELL: 410-251-0575

Certificates/memberships;
American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Standards Accredited
Boat US Technical Information Exchange
Chapman's School Yacht and Small Craft Surveying Graduate
Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (AMS)
USCG 100GT Master

Sydwayz 05-24-2006 09:10 AM

Re: Maryland Surveyor..........

Cool info. Does he do any motor/drive checks?

Aggressor 25 05-24-2006 09:13 AM

Thanks for the info Semper Fi,

I will keep it for reference. Good to have a local guy to recomend. By the way, I will be trying the bravo drive out this weekend if I can get the IMCO endcap in in time.

Thanks

Semper Fi 05-24-2006 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Cool info. Does he do any motor/drive checks?

I know he reccommends a mechanic to check out the engines. I don't know about the drives......he does visually inspect them. He is excellent to deal with.

Dean Ferry 05-24-2006 12:00 PM

SF,
Well, did you buy a boat out of these 2 surveys?
Dean

Semper Fi 05-24-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
SF,
Well, did you buy a boat out of these 2 surveys?
Dean

The surveyor did both surveys for both Powerplays that I bought. The first one was 2 yrs ago.

Dean Ferry 05-24-2006 01:44 PM

G,
No, I mean a new boat to replace the PP you just sold. I thought I read you were real close to buying another 33PP?
Dean

Enforcer2 05-24-2006 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
As most of us know, they are alot more "bad" experiences than "good" experiences in boating dealing with manufacturers to surveyors. I have had 2 excellent experiences with this surveyor. :drink:

I've had 2 surveys done by Franky Pettolina and he is very detailed and professional. You get a detailed 20 page survey with pictures and everything. He is extremely knowledgeable and great to work with. I even got a X-mas card from him last year :D

Franky Pettolina
1 Harwich Court
Ocean Pines, MD 21811

PH: 410-208-1862
CELL: 410-251-0575

Certificates/memberships;
American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Standards Accredited
Boat US Technical Information Exchange
Chapman's School Yacht and Small Craft Surveying Graduate
Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (AMS)
USCG 100GT Master

Used Franky on several occassions :D Couldn't of been happier

Semper Fi 05-24-2006 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
G,
No, I mean a new boat to replace the PP you just sold. I thought I read you were real close to buying another 33PP?
Dean

Dean,
I misunderstood you. I am buying another PP. The deal is almost done. The port engine is down.....needed $2,500 of repair and almost done. This is the boat