any thoughts on a Scarab Excel??

Notices

any thoughts on a Scarab Excel??

Old 10-10-2001, 10:44 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks guys.
Hot Boat, is it measured 28' including the swim platform?

I'm not afraid of replacing some wood as long as it's not stringers.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:16 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jim glad to hear johnm is doing well. I was bummed he wasn't at the race in NYC in sept.

As for my boat i am pretty sure i will be lettin it go for a steal in the spring, just rebiuldind the engine back to stock, cleaning up the current interior and dash and selling her cheap. I'm still not sure of what to do after that. I am considering a anotehr scarab (larry smith 38') and a few 24' skaters, but then again i might justy e without a boat for a season or two. That woudl suck but i could hold off and save fora 2 years and get exactly what i want in the future. Maybe even a 30' superboat for racing purposes!!! I just have to get john to teach me exactly how to drive the thing!!!

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: puder ]
Old 10-11-2001, 04:13 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, that's 28 including the swim platform.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:41 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i also had a 89 28 scarab . ive seen pictures of that boat, its been sunk , u can see rear seat is rotten,engine is apart so prob rusted and junk,no cover gel coat will need repaint,prob gages faded cant read,if sank prob hit outdrive,front interior prob bad , prob cant get insurance prob a salvage boat, no trailer,i am glad iam not trying to sell it ,been on that web over 1 year,keep hunting
Old 10-11-2001, 09:03 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

if it sank STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2001, 09:30 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Only the stern sank. Dash and cabin stayed dry. REar seat is rotted, I think rear deck cover as well. There is a cover, It shows in the engine compartment pics.
Last night the bidding was almost $6k. That was about the limit of what I'd spend for it.

I can get an engine, 450hp, I think that would be about perfect for it. I still think it would've made a nice project but it's looking like someone else wants it more than I do.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:44 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

if you interested i am sellign mine for around 16k and it will not need any major work. I am puling the engine next weekend for the winter. It is being re-built. Not sure if it needs a total rebuild or just partial. I will see what the deal is once i get it apart. I might wind up getting a short block and using the rest of the current parts on it (they are in good shape all accesories are pretty much new). I just had the heads cleaned up. I also had a valve job done on them. If your interested let me know. I was planning on doing some work this winter and am not sure how far i am going to take it. I might redo the interior. I haev a bunch of new gauges and am getnga new dash made. I was even thinking about putting an arneson on it and biuldin up a real blower motor. I put a blowe ron my 454 and ebverything shoudl have been cool but i was getting low oiul pressure. My plan was to pull the engien remove the blower, rebiuld the engine stock and sell it. Hopefully i can move up to bigger boat soon.
Old 10-12-2001, 07:24 AM
Registered

if you want a sweet boat i have one for sale--1988--fresh custom paint-job--new stand-up bolsters--spare bravo drive-new carpet--461ci 450hp (30hrs on it)--new gil exhaust--new imco hydrolic steering---turn key on trailer---17k----john
Old 10-12-2001, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

JFM311, is yours a Scarab as well? what size?

I really was looking for a winter project. I already own a 26' Mirage w/ 700hp and a TRS. I'm not sure which one I would sell. I really want to move up to a 28-30 foot boat. It's looking like that might be another year away though.

If that 28' Scarab is measured with the swim platform, than my Mirage is the same length. It's 26'2" w/out the swim platform.
Old 10-12-2001, 08:06 AM
Registered

payton---it is a 28' scarab--blue lightning marine built the engine

Quick Reply: any thoughts on a Scarab Excel??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.