Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Modern Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131194-modern-marine.html)

Magic Medicine 05-27-2006 12:36 PM

Modern Marine

Just want to let midwestern OSOer's that Modern Marine in Schoolkraft Michigan is an excellent marina with great service. I was having some issue with the add on steering I am installing on my boat. After much frustation I took that boat their and Jeff was able to spot my mistake and point me in the right direction, on Saturday of memorial day weekend. He did not have to do this as they were very busy. He took time out of his busy schedule to help me out. They are a Nordic and Velocity dealer. I am just happy with the help and level of service I recieved and want to spread the good word.

Thanks for everything Jeff

Andy

Payton 05-28-2006 07:55 AM

Re: Modern Marine

Andy, that's great! We hear a lot obout ones to stay away from. It's great to hear about the ones that go above and beyond what we expect. I have some friends that have done bussines at Modern and they all have been very happy.

Magic Medicine 05-28-2006 07:58 AM

Mark,

If he would have had the part I needed I would have been on the lake yesterday. He had the new style system, but we agreed that it would be a pain to convert it over. I couldn't ask for better service and knowledge. Jeff knows his stuff!

nadledvinka 05-30-2006 08:18 AM

I have also had great service there.

Last year, Fourth of July week, blew my drive. Took it to Jeff and it was fixed within two days. Didn't ever expect to get that quick of service....especialy on a holiday weekend.

Joe

Escape Velocity 06-03-2006 02:49 PM

Ditto. Super busy but great people!

GOODT 06-03-2006 05:04 PM

Its aways great to hear about shops doing it the right way........

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

dyno 06-03-2006 09:12 PM

Jeffs been around for years and though I've never bought a boat from him he's always treated me like a friend, great guy!

bowtie 06-04-2006 07:12 AM

Nice to read a thread where everyone's not bashing marine service for a change.

Magic Medicine 06-04-2006 07:24 AM

I have worked at marina's in the past. It is hard to deal with people who want stuff done yesterday. Jeff and his crew are great people and will take care of you I guarrante. In a sport with many shady things that go on it nice to have people you can trust. If you are in the market for a Velocity or a Nordic give them a call.

FFO 06-10-2006 11:38 PM

I have had alot of work done at Modern Marine on my boat. Jeff has done a great job and stand's behind his work . A great guy !!!!