Who makes the best 12V oil changer? >

Who makes the best 12V oil changer?

Notices

Who makes the best 12V oil changer?

Old 05-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who makes the best 12V oil changer?

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards buying the one from West Marine. One of the main reasons being they have always been good to me if I need to return something that is broken.
I originally bought the Shurflo pump from West Marine 3yrs ago because they were on sale. Didnt work worth a crap so I ended up returning it for the Jabsco. IMO ...its alot better quality pump.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No hose mounted. I was going to go thru the dipstick.
Definetly go with the the hose attachment on the drain plug. Saves alot of time and drains more than going thru the dipstick.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cig1988
Definetly go with the the hose attachment on the drain plug. Saves alot of time and drains more than going thru the dipstick.
Does is just screw right into the drain plug? Do you leave attached when not using it? If so I guess I would need to buy 2 more attachments.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:19 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does is just screw right into the drain plug? Do you leave attached when not using it? If so I guess I would need to buy 2 more attachments.

Yup, screws into the bottom of the oil pan and the hose is permanent. As usual heat up engine prior to removing oil and takes about 30 seconds to suck out. 1 per engine.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It replaces the drain plug permanently & routes by the intake/valve cover. Has a brass plug on the end of it. If you decide to do it this way get about 4' of reinforced hose, the type that is used for fresh water system. Attach it from the hose to the pump & your set. After the change while removing the reinforced hose from the brass end of the oil hose jam a peice of paper towell to avoid leak out.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CMG
Yup, screws into the bottom of the oil pan and the hose is permanent. As usual heat up engine prior to removing oil and takes about 30 seconds to suck out. 1 per engine.
So it drains better this way than thru the dipstick?Thanks for the info. I don't see the attachment offered by itself on the West Marine website. I am going Wednesday to buy it , I assume they will be able to order the extra ones.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It replaces the drain plug permanently & routes by the intake/valve cover. Has a brass plug on the end of it. If you decide to do it this way get about 4' of reinforced hose, the type that is used for fresh water system. Attach it from the hose to the pump & your set. After the change while removing the reinforced hose from the brass end of the oil hose jam a peice of paper towell to avoid leak out.
Thank you for helpfull tips.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thank you for helpfull tips.
Anytime. It will drain much better than the dip-stick. The drain plug is at the lowest point of the pan.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anytime. It will drain much better than the dip-stick. The drain plug is at the lowest point of the pan.
Just thinking out loud. How hard is it going to be to get the drain plug on the back motors?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just thinking out loud. How hard is it going to be to get the drain plug on the back motors?
You need to be small! I had the same set up on my 29 Fountain that Cig88 talks about. I used to hook up my bucket with pump on top and suck out the oil in 30 sec. easyfrom the oil pan. The pump I have will suck the oil through the dip stick no problem but sucking it from the oil pan is the ultimate way to go. Only hard and messy part is getting the hoses connected to the oil pan. Simple Green cleans up the bildge very well. I suggest that you heat up the engines to operating temp and suck the oil from the dipstick and put those oil absorbers in the bildge and line the bildge with with lots of old towels. Try to attach the hoses to the oil drain pans as fast as you can. Let me know if you need some help and I will come over. I know this sounds weird but...I can take my leg off and fit into some small places...yes it has it's advantages sometimes! I'm home all week.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best 12V oil changer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.