Price of fuel - impact on boat market? >

Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Notices

Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Originally Posted by el indio
Unfortunatly it is not as heathy............mark..........p.s.........starte d with a scottatwater 40 hspower outboard worked my way up to a pair of merc 800sc.....in differant boats of course.......I watched the raw matrial go from wood to glass...........m.m....
You get to a certain point where you say "WTF am I paying these crazy prices for, I can't enjoy it like I used to."
Old 07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely cut down on the miles I run, used to run to Clear Lake or Galveston just to eat. 66 or 90 mile round trips. This summer I eat at the local bar or restaurant.

Still the same amount of time on the water, just less time moving.

I know of two people looking to downsize their boats, but they both got insulting offers and figure they are stuck until market improves a little.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My 41 holds apprx. 400 gallons 1600.00 for a fill up............crazy.....really have to pick your days very carefully.........Thats $1600.00 if nothing breaks.but you all know about breaking........That is not dancing for all you non boaters!........m.m......p.s........when I started driving gas was 33 cents a gallon for sunoco 260.they pumped it, washed your windshield aired your tires and gave you a gift if you purchased 8 gallons or more........today its 3.50 a gallon you pump it and there is a chance of getting carjacked or smash and grabbed.Man have things changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank G-d for Lucy.........she is all I need ............Mark........

Last edited by el indio; 07-06-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have read through this whole thread and even at $4 a gallon, you guys are still miles better off then people in my part world... (New Zealand) I pay near $8US a gallon....

The my old man always says boat means
"break out another thousand"
Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck21401
I don't know much about Stingers other than that Don Johnson drove a big one in the first season(s) of Miami Vice.
Ive owned two of these exact boats and for there size they are the among best boats Ive driven and I used to work for the local Fountain, sonic, active thunder, cigg dealer Ive drive just about every performance boat out there and if I were in a position to buy another boat wouldnt think twice about buying another stinger would in a heat beat
Old 07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody notice that there are more than 1200 boats for sale in the oso classifieds? Last year at this time there where 775. High fuel pricces and high insurance...the boat market is in the tank.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

How many more OSO members than last year at this time ?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
Ive owned two of these exact boats and for there size they are the among best boats Ive driven and I used to work for the local Fountain, sonic, active thunder, cigg dealer Ive drive just about every performance boat out there and if I were in a position to buy another boat wouldnt think twice about buying another stinger would in a heat beat
I'm sure they are nice, I really like the older Formulas.

I like blondes, but redheads drive me crazy. There's no logic to it when it comes to women and boats!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tazz
Anybody notice that there are more than 1200 boats for sale in the oso classifieds? Last year at this time there where 775. High fuel pricces and high insurance...the boat market is in the tank.
Are owners getting out, downsizing or moving up?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
Unfortunatly it is not as heathy............mark..........p.s.........starte d with a scottatwater 40 hspower outboard worked my way up to a pair of merc 800sc.....in differant boats of course.......I watched the raw matrial go from wood to glass...........m.m....

Did you catch a boat ride from Christopher Columbus too?

I think that the 1200+ boats for sale say a lot. I have seen poker runs get smaller and more expensive in the past year. Last year the Key West run cost me 3K (event fees, hotel and $850 in fuel with twin small blocks). It was cool but if this is going to be a $3500-4K event this year I will stay home and look at the pics online! My boat use is about the same but I am looking for a 15 Whaler to use with my kids (more convient) and my wife is getting a new diesel benz in Sept.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 07-06-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.