Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Price of fuel - impact on boat market? >

Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Notices

Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

[QUOTE=Jupiter Sunsation]Did you catch a boat ride from Christopher Columbus too?
I dont ride on other peoples boats no matter how prestiges they may be!!!!!!!!!!!To many crazys running around..................m.m.........
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
Anybody notice that there are more than 1200 boats for sale in the oso classifieds? Last year at this time there where 775. High fuel pricces and high insurance...the boat market is in the tank.
Better throw in higher interest rates while we're at it, all around it's not good for the boating market. The housing market is going flat as well. I have a couple friends trying to sell houses from $350 - $1.2M and they can't even get people to show up for an open house, let alone give an offer

I hope I'm wrong and this becomes just another moot point.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parents just put their house on the market, as well as did my brother. Both house are asking 25Kless then just last year. The Market is cooling down around me that's for sure.

My mother works for a boat trailer Co. sales are down from 5 years past. So something is going on no matter what people say
Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just watch whats going on the water itself. Normal holiday crowds were not here on Barkley and Kentucky Lake. I would say about 25-35 % if not even 40% less than I have seen since I have started to boat here. Gas prices seem to be keeping alot of people of off the lake (except hardcore boaters ) and that means to me that the smaller boat owners are not going to be shopping for larger boats . I'm more worried that the whole gas price issues will cause our whole economy to slip into a down ward trend.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Gas is selling for $3.40/gallon at my marina. I'm wondering how much the price of gas will impact boat sales (new and used). Will boats depreciate even quicker?
...don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think the newer more expensive gas will help preserve your engines

A guy I know in Nevada (who owns a 40 Skater), said it best.... He'd pay $8, $9, $10 per gallon --- it'll get all the little boats off the water and out of our way!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
A guy I know in Nevada (who owns a 40 Skater), said it best.... He'd pay $8, $9, $10 per gallon --- it'll get all the little boats off the water and out of our way!!!
Yeah, he's right....except for the blowboats!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Yeah, he's right....except for the blowboats!
EEEEEEk. Missed that one! Who cares --- none of them like us much anyway. We'll figure something out
Old 07-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
...don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think the newer more expensive gas will help preserve your engines

I'll take his paycheck please!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A guy I know in Nevada (who owns a 40 Skater), said it best.... He'd pay $8, $9, $10 per gallon --- it'll get all the little boats off the water and out of our way!!! [/QUOTE] Must be a bumped up dude to rationalize that statement............m.m.......
Old 07-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe

Except the gas dock will be closed because he's the only customer left.

Quick Reply: Price of fuel - impact on boat market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.