Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Good Boat Ramps Near Sea Isle, NJ? >

Good Boat Ramps Near Sea Isle, NJ?

Notices

Good Boat Ramps Near Sea Isle, NJ?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Boat Ramps Near Sea Isle, NJ?

Hello Everyone!
I'm planning to tow my boat down to Sea Isle City, NJ as much as I can this year (approx. every other weekend) and need to find a good boat ramp. I saw a few there while I was out on a friend's fishing boat, but the ramps I saw seemed more suited for the "roller-type" trailers rather than my regular padded-bunk trailer (I apologize for not using the best lingo to describe the trailer types). Are there any powerboaters that are familiar with the Jersey shore and ramps that would be good enough to use every weekend?

Thanks a million!!!
Sun
[email protected]
2000 Baja Boss 272, 502 Mag

Last edited by Sundown94; 05-30-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Good Boat Ramps Near Sea Isle, NJ?

Right under the bridge going into Sea Isle City is a public ramp costs about 10.00. It's a pretty good ramp you can launch at all but dead low even on float on's. Just make 2 rights after you go over the bridge.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Does that boat have a big block in it You have to go to a ramp that accepts big blocks!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered

Bowtie, thanks for the response. I saw that ramp and while it appeared that it might be able to handle a "float-on" trailer, I was not certain of the length of the ramp and if it would be OK during low tide (i.e., hate to have my trailer fall off the end of the ramp). I also saw someone struggling with their boat against the strong currents there. Is there also a good ramp a few miles further south in Avalon?

Baja27, it's a small block 502. Last year I welded enough extensions onto the original 350 block to get it up to 502ci's.

Sun-
Old 05-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

I've used the ramp in between Stone Harbor and Avalon. About a 10 minute car ride from SIC. Nice ramp right on the main road. I launched a 24 foot Checkmate from there many of times.Also had a float on trailer. Dead low tide was tough. About a 20-30 minute no wake ride. Horse flys are tough..

Frank
Old 05-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You're better off with Sea Isle at low tide. Avalon water is tricky at low tide getting away from the ramp. It is on the main drag though and a very nice ramp. Also has a daily fee.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

DON'T launch a 27 Baja at the ramp under the Sea Isle bridge it can be a short ramp at low tide.Go to the ramp in Ocean City I'm not sure of the street it is on but its near the Ocean City airport. Or you can put in at Shady River Marina its on the Egg Harbor river. 1041 Mays Landing Rd. (Rt.559) Its a nice ramp plenty of water and a nice ride down to Sea Isle.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered

Baja342, I spoke to somene recently about the ramp that I think you're speaking of and will check it out this coming weekend. BTW, the gnats were a bitc* this weekend!!! Can't wait to see the horse-flys....

Bowtie, I saw someone at the Sea Isle ramp and if it weren't for a safety rope on the front cleet, his boat would have been bye-bye. Although I may attempt to use this ramp one day due to the convenience of location, it was his difficulties that led me to ask everyone here for some better alternatives.

Craney, thanks for the additional ramp tips. I will look further into them to see precisely where they're at, etc.

All, thank you for your replies and help so far!!!

Sun-
Old 05-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The Ocean City ramp is on Tennessee Ave off of Bay Ave. Also has a drop off as Sea Isle and most ramps in this area. I have used both ramps hundreds of times with no problems but thats what I do so I know the limitations of all the local ramps. Take my advice, with a float on trailer try to avoid low tide and you won't have any problems at either of these ramps. I agree that the ramp near Mays Landing is good and a nice ride but also a long ride and a lot of gas if your boating in Sea Isle.