Notices

Baja Outlaw Help.....

Old 06-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Outlaw Help.....

I just recently purchased a 92 Baja Outlaw 24 foot. I live up in Northern Michigan, and we have been getting some rain on and off lately. Ive noticed the interior getting damp, and small puddles gathering in the cabin area in certain spots. I pulled out some interior, and the header panel in the bow, and the pop up cleats are leaking. On the bottom of the front cleats there is a spout where Im guessing there is supposed to be a hose connected to drain them when they fill with water. Anyone know where they are supposed to drain to? The ones on the side of the boat and back, it looks like they just filled the drain hole with silicone. Is it okay to do the same with the front, or should I run a hose to drain correctly. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Baja Outlaw Help.....

They are supposed to drain to the bildge. For the cleats you can just plug the hole with silicone. You might also want to seal around the cleats and the mounting bolts for the cleats too. Make sure the cleats mounting bolts and nuts are backed up with some sort of a mounting plate too while you are at it. Keep the front of the boat higher than the rear and all rain water and wash water should drain to the bildge.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

Thanks for the quick repsonse Fever. So there is actually supposed to be a hose off the bottom of the cleat drains going to the bilge. Interesting. But your saying it would be okay to just silicone it all up, and should be good to go. I usually keep the boat so all the water would be draining towards the rear, but Ive been doing some paving in the driveway, so its been at an ackward angle, and Im guessing thats why I didnt notice it before. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, properly rigged there is supposed to be a hose that goes from the cleats to the bildge...same for the cup holders too.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help Fever, appreciate it.