My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
Default Re: One of my Labs has cancer

sorry to hear
Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: '99 Formula 382 Poker Run Special/'05 Formula 260 SS

Robert,

Sorry for your loss. They stay in your heart forever. Still miss my Abigail, heading out to the store today toget my new one (Ocean) a pool to chill in.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
One of my Labs has cancer-abigail-005.jpg   One of my Labs has cancer-ocean-004.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

My Boats: 1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3

Sadie beat the odds from puppyhood. Abandoned by her first owner,we adopted her and our vet pulled her thru Parvo,then the Red Mange,then she was lost for a month after accidently swimming to the other side of the lake.After that she would not leave our yard. The last 6 or 7 years she was an extremely happy dog.She is at peace now,and for the most part,I guess I am.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

Wow - so sorry to hear.

offshore .... it must be something in the air cuz my white shepherd/lab just did the same thing the other day.. only it wasnt pee ... she seems to have snapped back ... at least for the time being
Attached Thumbnails
One of my Labs has cancer-dogs.7.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Wow - so sorry to hear.

offshore .... it must be something in the air cuz my white shepherd/lab just did the same thing the other day.. only it wasnt pee ... she seems to have snapped back ... at least for the time being
yea i know, last year she had a stroke and I thought that was it, dr gave her some pills and said wait 3 days and she was good as new, she already has 3 feet in the grave and one on a banana peel, but she is still happy and does doggy things, sees and hears only what she wants too, arthritic and still gets annoyed by the cat...she really is good about holding it, but at her advanced age mistakes happen, I think she probably has pooch altzheimers. If I see a turn for the worse as Robert has mentioned I'll put her down...Rob
Old 07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

My Boats: 1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3

A friend of mine said it best,"It's too bad that people don't have the option to go with dignity,and no suffering,like our pets" Another friend said "You have to love her enough to let her go". I do,and I did.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicfloat
A friend of mine said it best,"It's too bad that people don't have the option to go with dignity,and no suffering,like our pets" Another friend said "You have to love her enough to let her go". I do,and I did.
Well put...you did the right thing. RIP....
Old 07-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear about Sadie Robert, I think you did the right thing, overtime the empty feeling goes away along with the doubts as to whether you did the right thing or not.

When we put Buddy down in February I questioned my decision the next day, but with a little time I knew I did the right thing and you will too. It was good talking to you again on Friday. Try to enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

(with tears welling up in my eyes) Sorry for your loss. You did the right thing and I hope I have the strenth to do the same.

Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years or more. Any separation from you will be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.

3. Please have me spayed or neutered.

4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends,your entertainment, I only have you.

5. Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.

6. Take me in when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well to romp and play. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I'll never forget how well you've treated me.

7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, my ear may hurt, or my heart may be getting weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.

10. When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when it's time to say goodbye. Never say, "I just can't bear to watch it."

Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands. I love you.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Reading a really good book.....Marley and Me. Get it, Read it....it will help.