Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Where to live & boat???

Old 06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Originally Posted by AZOUTLAW
Tony Montana – You are describing Arizona but it’s better than that….

Arizona has more boats per capita than any other state.
Arizona is the definition of a Construction Boom 2nd only to Las Vegas.
Arizona is expecting an additional 1.5 million new residences by 2015.
Arizona has the largest man made lake in the USA –Lake Powell.
Arizona has the second largest man made lake in the USA – Lake Mead.
Arizona gun laws are the most relaxed in the country.
Arizona boating is 365 day a year.
Arizona has 6 lakes within 2 hours of Phoenix with clean clear water and no graffiti.
Arizona Lake Havasu home of the largest Poker run in USA and a host of other boating events.
Arizona has more sunshine than Florida, how did Florida become the sunshine state?
Arizona has real-estate for all income levels.
Arizona live in the cool ponderosa pine covered mountain ranges, dry lush deserts, or somewhere in between pick your climate!
Arizona is a hub with low fair flights to Colorado and Utah skiing, San Diego, Las Vegas and more.
Arizona has the most stable and livable climate in the nation, no earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, bone freezing temperatures and people done die in heat waves like they do in the Midwest, yeah it’s a dry heat you heard it before.
So that’s Arizona, but if between Lake Travis and Raleigh, NC, my pick would be Lake Travis.
very interesting.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
I have always said if God was going to give the World a enema, Ohio, N.J. or N.Y. is where he would have to stick the hose.
And God said hold it till ya get to Mississippi

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:09 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

I have always said if God was going to give the World a enema, Ohio, N.J. or N.Y. is where he would have to stick the hose.

NY/NJ is one of the greatest places on earth. Best food, great boating, etc.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
LOL, you must not get out much.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would vote for Austin, Texas, if given the choice between that and Raleigh.

We live in North Carolina and I love it. It's a great place to live but boating toward Raleigh is not the best. If you were moving toward Charlotte where you have Lake Norman it would be different. Boating on the coast is better in South Carolina in my opinion. We love the Charleston area for boating, on down to Savannah.

As for Lake Travis, we trailered our boat out there 1267 miles in April and had a BLAST. The lake is large and the restaurants are very nice. Much nicer then we have on Lake Norman and much more boater friendly as for parking. I hated to leave.

Also met a lot of super people on that lake. There are many smaller lakes in that area that people boat on as well, and you are not too far from the coast there either.

When we relocate it will be to Jacksonville, Florida!

Good luck, hope it all works out well for you.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

LOL, you must not get out much.

No, I don't get out much.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
very true....for the 4 months of boating we actually get...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Registered

We too were part of the south Florida real estate boom. Took our profit and bought a home on the St. Johns river about 26 miles south of Jacksonville. Love the people. Love the boating. So far we are very happy.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:54 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlashPRace
We too were part of the south Florida real estate boom. Took our profit and bought a home on the St. Johns river about 26 miles south of Jacksonville. Love the people. Love the boating. So far we are very happy.

What city then? Jacksonville?? How large is the lake? Do you know if taxes are the same as s. FL? Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
So give me some cities to look up. My ideal house would be on a big lake however if too much money to have second choice would be house with min of 1/2 acre and free standing garage for toys
Arizona has no Lakefront real estate, Lake Havasu has Lakeview and the California side has Lakefront but I think the land is leased from the Indians or something like that. Lake Powell has Lakeview located in Page Arizona and Big Water Utah. Page is a sleepy little town but this may be changing for two reasons, first a new Marina is near completion and the World class Amangiri resort is breaking ground. Second, Page real estate is a bargain right now somewhat unaffected by the recent real estate boom, which IMO sets Page up to be the next lakeside boomtown since Lake Havasu and Mead are already crowded and expensive. The only problem I see is a limited amount of land available for development, on the other hand this very limit could drive a premium if demand increases. With that said this part of the county has been described as God’s county; the area is flush with National Parks, National Forest and Monuments, Brice Canyon, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Capital Reef, Zion, Fishlake, Arches, Canyon De Chelly, Rainbow Bridge, Marble Canyon to name a few. Lake Powell is a 4~5 hour drive North of Phoenix; one could spend a lifetime exploring this lake and surrounding areas. http://www.coldwell-lakepowell.com/

Best place to live in Maricopa County (Phoenix area) IMO
1st Cave Creek – Extremely Lush very healthy Desert, small town
2nd Carefree - Very Lush Desert, small town
3rd North Scottsdale - Very Lush Desert
4th Fountain Hills – Desert great views
5th You can find many nice pockets in Phoenix, Peoria, Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler.

Paradise Valley – Trophy homes, 2M teardowns to build 12M+ trophy homes popular with pro athletes, movie stars and the like.

Other very nice cities and towns in the state
Flagstaff - Mountain
Wickenburg - High Desert
Prescott - Mountain
Payson - Mountain
Pine - Mountain
Show Low – Mountain
Sedona –One the most beautiful places on earth currently suffering from a server fire rumored to be started by a construction site. This loss is incomprehensible and a tragedy for those losing their homes.
These towns are to name a few there are nice places all over the state Tucson and surrounding areas for example but no big lakes near Tucson.

Arizona is a great place to live, work and play but if you want a true on the water lake house it’s not here, but some people do live on their Houseboats.......

Quick Reply: Where to live & boat???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.