california delta information please >

california delta information please

Notices

california delta information please

Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default california delta information please

We are going to the delta in a week with our 25 ft. Nordic Rage. What's the best route to take from Snug Harbor to Old Sac and will San Francisco Bay be okay weather wise in June to go to Pier 39 one day? Also, if any veterans of the delta have suggestions for day trips, would love to hear. Thanks!
Tim
Old 05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Registered

Default Re: california delta information please

I would go south down Steamboat Slough and take the Sacramento River north to Old Sac. You can also go North on Steamboat Slough to the Sacramento River, but I have never tried it so I'm not sure how many no wake zones there are. Old Sac has public docks next to the Delta King. Check out www.californiadelta.org for lodging, tide charts, maps & other good info. Also check out the www.boatered.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=68 forum. Pier 39 is always a good time, weather shouldn't be an issue. If you're not familiar with the delta a GPS is a good idea.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay in the channel after you pass under the Carquineze bridge and head into San Pablo Bay. It gets down to 2-3 ft at low tide. You'll get stuck in the mud for sure, I've seen it done many times.

F' Pier 39, there's nothing to do other than the tourist crap. Head over to Sams in Tiburon or The Ramp in China Basin. Sams' has good dock space but get there early before all the blow boats bury the dock. The Ramp has fewer docks but less boat traffic. I've never had a problem getting in.

Weather should be good. You won't be getting any storm surge through the Gate this time of year but you will get a fair amount of wind chop and tidal swells rolling in. If you go past the windward side of Alcatraz look out! There are a fair amount of holes in that area that you won't see coming. Also, stay clear of the western tip of the isle. It has a large partially submerged rock cluster that is unmarked.

It's a fun place to boat and if you're heading back up the Delta you'll be flushed out by the time you get home.

Fionn
Old 05-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Registered

Sam's web cam

http://www.samscafe.com/cam.html
Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

Lofty, where's your shop at? I was just checking out your web site. Is that a picture of Danny's Hustler at the top of the page?
Old 05-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Registered

Yeah that's Danny on the Catalina run. We're building a new shop on Bethel Isle but for now we're in Pleasant Hill. i spend most of my time out your way. Just got in from looking at Carlos' E Ticket. He broke a drive shaft.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
Yeah that's Danny on the Catalina run. We're building a new shop on Bethel Isle but for now we're in Pleasant Hill. i spend most of my time out your way. Just got in from looking at Carlos' E Ticket. He broke a drive shaft.
Hey did you stop by and see Steve and Bob while you were out there? If so how is Bob coming with the new motor for the Eliminator?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Lofty..Thanks for the info. Will for sure check out Sam's ...looks like a great view and place to catch a bite.. so, if I stay in the channel in the Carquinez, I'll be okay? Damn, would hate to beach my boat! Never boated in the Bay, but hear it's a must do. Might be a stupid question, but if I don't ask, I won't learn. What do you mean by "holes" on the windward side of Alc.? Also, my wife wants to go our and pass under the Gate and back. Would you recommend it? Want to be safe, but sure. Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a typical day under the Golden Gate...lol
Attached Thumbnails california delta information please-golden-gate.jpg  
Old 06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Deltarat
Hey did you stop by and see Steve and Bob while you were out there? If so how is Bob coming with the new motor for the Eliminator?
I didn't swing by the Sherman Bro's. Don't know if he got the Eliminator up and running yet... something about leaving the good parts in the truck

Quick Reply: california delta information please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.