Like Tree0Likes

NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered

My Boats: Top Gun
Default Re: NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

COOL !....
Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut
Default Re: NOW i know why Apaches are so highly regarded!!!!! First run, FLAWLESS!!!

Sweet

Nothing like a big V!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

My Boats: Call me "Shockwave Dave!"

way to go Jay....LIFE IS GOOD !
Old 06-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Registered

My Boats: Sunsation and Apache

Glad to hear the first voyage went well Jay.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Steve_H

congrats

Old 06-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!

Life IS GOOD! Im still smiling and cant stop! I want to bag work and go to the yard, go get it and go take it out again!
Fred, Jay's big adventure is pure Apache! Tabs down, drives in, the freakin bow does not really rise on you on take off, get it up to around 2800 and she will then blow out and jump to 3400, back down to 3000 and she hooks and you can hammer it. Tabs up, drives out a touch at a time, bumps the front up each bump of the switches, and bam you are just hauling, My GPS takes 10-15 seconds for the speed to catch up so its hard to determine exact speeds at ? RPM's when you are running REALLY Fast in the intra coastal where the speed limit is 30 HEHEHEHEHEH
Okay so I did that a few times Oh well whatever.
CJeff, Bud, This you have GOT to see and run to believe. Whats awesome is these engines are not even turned up that much, Low boost, great HP and she pulls hard even with alot of prop slip.
I definitely bought the right boat for me, Absolutely made the right decision!
Do I sound like the apache poster boy yet? LOL
J
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Hey Buddy !

Glad to hear all went well. I remember my first ride last year on Father's Day in 4 - 5 footers and how well it handled........

Best of continued luck and keep us posted on your progress as you begin tweaking your beast !

It is funny how when you dock this boat so many people seem interested in it without the flash paint jobs and trick interiors....just oozes old style class and history.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

My Boats: one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one party Yellowfin....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers

The boat ran great Jay. Next time we go out we'll take our 4 blade props so we can test it with those. The boat ran great, great oil pressure , temp everything was awsome. Like dad and i said get use to the staring and i know how much you hate that . It's been a long road for you but I TOLD YOU it would be worth it in the end. We went to Banana boat and almost had four 60 plus yr old lady fall into the water when he started those puppy up....now tell me Jay how do you really feel about that. Congrats again and both myself and SR are really happy for you. Welcome to the big dogs gang. Thanks for the invite.....Do i hear Peanut Island soon realll sooon

jr Mike
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered

My Boats: 330SS Formula 496's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayl13
Me Driving my new bad azz Apache Princess!
Congrats J But to "drive" you need to put at least one hand on the wheel!! LOL

Lookin good ... have fun and best of luck with her.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2017 Pioneer 180 Islander Merc 115 pro xs ct

Glad to hear the good news Jay! That is an awsome looking boat! Now, about that Mullet, a buzz cut would look great with that old school Apache! Just playing with you Jay The second mate looks good gassing her up too! Does she handle the lines too? Have fun with it!

Last edited by Gary C; 06-05-2006 at 11:29 AM.