Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN? >

FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN?

Notices

FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN?

Old 06-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN?

Have alot of pm's and emails from fellow OSO members asking about the shootout fun run, most of them are from out of state , some quite a haul away, Can we make a final decision here so I can post what ever everyone decides, sounds like so far, Its meet at a destination around 10:30, leave at 11:00 Friday August 26th maybe around Dog Days at the 19mm then either go to Horney Toad or go to Big Dicks prior to the Frankie and Louies fun run. Big dicks can be a order on the menu or buffet like last year, Horney Toad is a 13mile run each way, and Big Dicks is a 28 mile run each way. come back to either for a few cocktails, go to party cove or find a good OSO cove to tie up in and visit. Blue Moon marina will still offer gas specials, and if we need it will offer race fuel for us. When everyone has spoken I can post it officially and set it up so everyone can plan, sounds like alot of the members will be coming this year, will be tons of hardware for the races this year, see everyone there, let me know if anyone needs something I'll try to be of assistance, Wiggler 636 236-4141
Old 06-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Registered

Default Re: FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN?

I would prefer going to Horney Toad rather than Big Dicks. I just like running in that part of the Lake and the distance going the other way is double. Should be a adequate parking at the Toad on Friday. Also, Frankie and Louie's is close by.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Banned

not alot of replies, guess just meet at dog days at 10:30 and roll towards Dam
Old 06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I do like the idea of staying together as a group and coming back to the original destination to hang out for a while and or heading to PC for a group hangout. Seems like we always go our seperate ways after we leave BDs every year. I would enjoy spending more time with the group personally.

As for Toad or BDs......Don't care, I'm a passenger in a boat. I'm there for entertainment purposes anyway.

Buck
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

I would be up for the shorter run to Toad cove and then a group raft up somewhere. As Buck stated in the past after we all met at Big dick's everybody just kinda does their own thing. I personally would like to hang out for the day and make some new friends etc.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

For those interested in a little more of a run, I'm in a cove at the 38MM, which is 9 miles less than BDs.(Quackers Cove) Large concrete two well dock with lots of room on either side (no docks close by). So what I'm saying is that since I'm here anyway, I'm open for a rest stop, or a hangout for those interested. In fact if enough are interested, we could throw out some kind of snack in the afternoon to hold you over til you run back down lake for dinner or those interested in more to eat could run across the cove to Quackers.

Any interest????
John
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like leaving it the way it was last yr, going to Big Dicks. With alot of the faster boats that are starting to come in for the Shoot-Out, the run up to Horny toad is to short. It would only take five minutes for many of the cats, (not that I'll have mine by then). Last yr several of us made the usual run to Big Dick, had drinks, left with everyone and then went up to the Horny Toad. It was a great run back and everyone from out of town loved it. Stating that it was long enough to run your boat and feel like you had been on a real poker run.

Last edited by 44MTI; 06-06-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I personally like leaving it the way it was last yr, going to Big Dicks. With alot of the faster boats that are starting to come in for the Shoot-Out, the run up to Horny toad is to short. It would only take five minutes for many of the cats, (not that I'll have mine by then). Last yr several of us made the usual run to Big Dick, had drinks, left with everyone and then went up to the Horny Toad. It was a great run back and everyone from out of town loved it. Stating that it was long enough to run your boat and feel like you had been on a real poker run.
5 minutes ????? You must be riding in my boat to get there that fast.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

3600cat you would'nt make it because 5 water patrol officers would have you pulled over, and make you do a 150mph pass at half throttle to nail you on the driveby tests, did you and Sean get it figured oput yesterday, had to roll to put on my own polished pipes, I think michael has the right idea, and maybe stop at the 38mm on the way back for a cold one then on to the partying, Lets hear from Sean and Tyson they usually have good ideas, I wonder if Tyson will be melting his headers again this year, cool
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3600cat
5 minutes ????? You must be riding in my boat to get there that fast.
I'd have to be riding with someone since I'm still waiting on mine.

Quick Reply: FINAL Answer on LOTO Shootout FUN RUN?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.