Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Project done, finally wet, where y'at Lake Norman OSOers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131916-project-done-finally-wet-where-yat-lake-norman-osoers.html)

Boomer35 06-05-2006 09:20 AM

Project done, finally wet, where y'at Lake Norman OSOers

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to find the sand bar, need to remember to bring a camera now!!! Lots of good sites

Dock Holiday 06-05-2006 09:45 AM

Re: Project done, finally wet, where y'at Lake Norman OSOers

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Managed to find the sand bar, need to remember to bring a camera now!!! Lots of good sites

Beautiful boat!

We were at the Rusty Rudder Saturday and I spoke briefly as we walked by to our boats.

We were parked at the very end of the dock in a 36 Baja Outlaw with a 32 Fountain rafted off.

"Dock Holiday"

We will look for you next time out.

Boomer35 06-05-2006 10:16 AM

yuo guys looked really good out there, where'd you head out from there?

Ange 06-05-2006 10:48 AM

Dock and Boomer, I'll have to get over to Norman one day to meet up with you guys. We have a house over on High Rock. Mostly the pontoon crowd over there. Although I've seen a Fountain and a Baja. Once. :D

Dock Holiday 06-05-2006 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35
yuo guys looked really good out there, where'd you head out from there?

We were doing the Peninsula Yacht Club Poker Run. Stopped for lunch at the Rudder, then headed back to PYC to open our cards and listen to the band.

It is a low key poker run, out of 50 boats there were only seven performance boats, but it is always a good time, they feed you good that night and the band was great. For just a $15.00 fee per hand, they pay $2500.00 cash for best hand, $1500.00 for 2nd best, $1000.00 for 3rd and $500.00 for fourth. So it is a great value.

We were asked to be on the board next year planning the event and hope to get a lot more performance boaters involved.

See you on the water.

Dock Holiday 06-05-2006 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ange
Dock and Boomer, I'll have to get over to Norman one day to meet up with you guys. We have a house over on High Rock. Mostly the pontoon crowd over there. Although I've seen a Fountain and a Baja. Once. :D

We've been on High Rock once. Brian Jones had a party there about two years ago and got about 20 performance boats over. It was a good time, but the lake is VERY small especially compared to Norman.

Let us know when your heading our way.

We are going to Jacksonville this weekend for the Firefighters Poker Run.

Boomer35 06-05-2006 12:47 PM

are there any fun runs or any other poker runs coming up on Norman soon,

Ange- anytime, we're ready for you!