Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jacksonville marinas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/131978-jacksonville-marinas.html)

LubeJobs42 06-05-2006 07:27 PM

Jacksonville marinas?

Anyone know of any marinas in Jacksonville that can put my boat it the water from the trailer? My new trailer can't be put into salt water.

plumbers crack 06-05-2006 07:38 PM

Re: Jacksonville marinas?

Gino,Im looking for directions to metro park boat ramp.Just booked the Hyatt.Looking forward to seeing the new boat!

I heard there are alot of sailboters nearby,they love the sound of race boats,and the smell of Cam II !!! Let the Games Begin!!

LubeJobs42 06-05-2006 07:44 PM

Hey! Looking forward to seeing you! I hope the sailboaters are a little more plesant then they were in Daytona!!

plumbers crack 06-05-2006 07:49 PM

You Dont Have Mufflers Do You? I Hope Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plumbers crack 06-05-2006 07:56 PM

Hey Fred ,Do you have a new toy????? I was thinking about leaving on friday around 12 oclock.What are your plans?I m staying at the Hyatt.Do you have directions to the ramp?I will try and call you this week if possible.How many boats are in the caravan?2.5 hrs from Bluffton so I was thinking of just cruisin down fri,If there is a potential problem for slips give me a heads up.Thanks

Jupiter Sunsation 06-05-2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Anyone know of any marinas in Jacksonville that can put my boat it the water from the trailer? My new trailer can't be put into salt water.

There is a rack storage marina like 10 feet from the boat ramp. They have fuel, racks and seemed to be full service so that will be your best bet. There are a couple more marinas by the inlet(20 mins. away but I don't know the names/ how to get there by land).

The ramp is not actually at Metro Park, you have to go over the old red steel bridge and get off at the first ramp and head left (east I believe). The neigborhood is sketchy. There is no parking to speak of at the ramp so make sure you have a buddy to drive the truck + trailer back to Metro Park. Metro Park will is fine (24 hr Police security) and is directly across from the stadium (Jax Jaguars, I think). Metro park is a 5 minute walk from the Hyatt and on weekends you should be able to park in the city lot directly next to the hotel for free.

plumbers crack 06-05-2006 08:14 PM

The red steel bridge is on what street?How is the ramp?Any tide issues?

Jupiter Sunsation 06-05-2006 08:30 PM

Ramp consists of two double drives if I remember correctly but no turn around so you have to back up from the street intersection (like 300-400 feet from intersection to water's edge) There is no parking unless you have an S10 with a 14 ft jon boat! Ramp can be hectic since it is more like an alley design but saw Nashville Cats drop in last year no problem. Tides/ Currents aren't an issue since it is bordered by a marina.

If you find the hotel, then the stadium you can see the huge red bridge in the distance. When crossing bridge look off like at the 10 o'clock postion and you should see the marina in the distance/ ramp is 10 ft west of marina. The biggest hassle is launching boat then moving truck. You need 2 people.

The directions are simple if you can find the hotel, then few blocks away the stadium, then you can see the red bridge in the distance.

Off Mapquest:
Sam Wolfson Baseball Park: 904-358-2846
1201 E Duval St
Jacksonville, FL 32202, US

Metro Park is officially Metropolitan Park. The bridge looks like it is named the Hart Bridge/ Hart Expressway.
Just look for the FADED RED STEEL BRIDGE.............

Dock Holiday 06-05-2006 09:47 PM

Arlington Marina is where you want to go to launch.

They have two good ramps and the dry storage there has a travel lift.

It is basically fresh water. You are far enough from the ocean not to worry about salt.

Cash Bar 06-05-2006 09:53 PM

I will be there with Bschoe, and we get in mid-day Thurs. I know where the ramp is(kind of) and we can help with dropping boats/returning trucks. The ramp is pretty easy to use but no turn room and definitely no parking..... :rolleyes:

We should be caravaning up with Lucky Strike, Cig Addiction and Team Taboo.

Anybody needs advanced contact for help, call or PM.

Greg
678-778-4734