Notices

revolution restoration

Old 06-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default revolution restoration

finally the boat is nearing completion. after 3 months in the paint shop to gel coat, the boat will be out and in for interior by the end of this week. we were planning on being on teh water by mid april but this has become a much larger project than expected. after rigging the boat with 3 rebuilt 555's with every new part imaginable, and then an unexpected delay because of needing new transom assemblies for the drives. the gel coat whcih the painter said woudl take 3 weeks has taken 3 months so far and is just now almost done. we are hopefully going to try to get the boat in the water by the 4th of july. i got some pics this weekend and are waiting for them to develop. i will post the pics from the paint shop this evening.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Default Re: revolution restoration

here are some pics from before
Attached Thumbnails revolution restoration-cig-inside.jpg   revolution restoration-drives.jpg   revolution restoration-cig-driver-panel.jpg  

Old 06-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Registered

and some more...
Attached Thumbnails revolution restoration-cig-panel.jpg   revolution restoration-interior-cig.jpg   revolution restoration-canopies-cig.jpg  

Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

hopefully she looks better after were done with it....the last pic is after getting the engines in. were hoping to get somewhere near 90 mph , but it seems it may take a little more horsepower to get there. the pics after gel i'll have later.
Attached Thumbnails revolution restoration-outside-cig.jpg   revolution restoration-cig-side.jpg   revolution restoration-cigarette-pics.jpg  

Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a fun project! Hopefully we will see it on the 4th!!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have alot of work into her, should be well worth it!!! Can't wait to see the paint.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember that boat when it was new, I saw it in Powerboat I believe. Wasn't it named "Hard Candy" or something like that
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a big project. Good luck with her.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i have alot of sweat and blood in my buddies revolution, good luck Tom
Attached Thumbnails revolution restoration-2.jpg  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered

all the gelcoat is sanded down, and are ready to buff the top deck, canopies, and hatch. we jsut got the all panels powdercoated and engraved, as well as the steering hub, throttles, bolster frames, handles, by eddie marine for only about $500 to match the color of the boat. we added some nose cones to the drives and decided to go on and paint the lowers with 3 coats and polyurethane silver. its slowly coming together, hopefully the interior will go much faster. by the way, has anyone on here painted the cig logo using cigarettes template on a color other than white. i tihnk im going to jsut have to modify the template to get it to work, or id have to have the background of the cig oval in red. here are the pics from a few days ago...
Attached Thumbnails revolution restoration-picture-016.jpg   revolution restoration-picture-017.jpg   revolution restoration-picture-018.jpg  

Quick Reply: revolution restoration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.