Notices

Maryland residence Please read!!

Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Maryland residence Please read!!

This came to my attention today. Please click on this link to sign the petition.

http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=bw_stop

Petition

Stop the Blackwater Resorts Development!

We the undersigned stand together firmly in opposition to the proposed Blackwater Resort Communities development in Dorchester County. This development, on Egypt Road south of Cambridge, would destroy more than 1,000 acres of farmland, could dramatically harm the Little Blackwater River and the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, and would certainly change the character of the area forever.

The proposed Blackwater Resort development is the wrong project in the wrong place. There are much better options for Dorchester County (like revitalizing Cambridge proper) and for Maryland than to site 2,700 dwelling units, a 100-room hotel and conference center, a retail center, and a golf course next to critical wetlands upstream of a national treasure.

Once the farm is gone, it’s gone forever.

We believe that protecting farmland is critical to protecting and restoring the Chesapeake Bay. Maryland has lost nearly 50 percent of its farmland in recent decades. This tremendous loss of farmland has damaged our streams, polluted our rivers, and degraded the Chesapeake Bay. We are asking the State to help protect Maryland's farmland and protect our streams, rivers, the Chesapeake Bay . . . and our way of life.

We call on Governor Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. to join us in opposing the development by intervening to prevent its approval and by permanently protecting the land as a working farm.

Save the farms
Save the Little Blackwater River
Save the Bay

Last edited by SOX; 06-08-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Maryland residence Please read!!

Well considering the Ches Bay Foundation is always against powerboats and generally against farming, I am suspicious of this. And considering that farming is thought to be responsible for most of the harmful chemicals in the Ches Bay watershed, why is it a great idea to keep this as a farm??
Old 06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Maryland residence Please read!!

I tend to like farms, I don't know how much more pollution is generated by a farm than the proposed construction but I am sick of all of the open land which is being eaten up.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion's I just personally would rather slow down all this development. Twenty years ago Bear Delaware was all farm land and today it is extremely overdeveloped (IMHO) and I don't want that to happen to Maryland.