Notices

Chester VA, outside Richmond - any info

Old 06-12-2006, 07:39 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Chester VA, outside Richmond - any info

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
See even when we arent around, we are formost in peoples minds...
You would have felt right at home Rob. 2 passed out so early they were back up in time for the fireworks, 3 were out and missed the fireworks, someone is on film being "T-bagged", one fell out of his boat and into another while our illustrious leader fell out of a boat and into the water......TWICE!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
You would have felt right at home Rob. 2 passed out so early they were back up in time for the fireworks, 3 were out and missed the fireworks, someone is on film being "T-bagged", one fell out of his boat and into another while our illustrious leader fell out of a boat and into the water......TWICE!!!!
Sounds like a party!

Hey?
Is it true that the prank known as the T-bag was originally created by...

Harry Ballzonia
Old 06-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be a habit for the illustrious leader....

Awesome time and thanks to Frankie & Wilma Peabody who once again put on another great "Scallop Fest". This year with their new Tiara to complement the Topgun, they decided to do it dockside versus raftup style like years past on the big work boat, so it convinced some local folks to stuff their boats away and hang dockside (me included), but it was kickin' on the dock. Russ had I known you were bringing the inflatable ferry I might've stayed on the boat...

All this after an awesome raftup (24 HRPA rafted, 8 more on the beach) at the cove beginning at 10am, and watching some swing from a rope off the bank river style. We almost didn't want to leave staying until amost 4pm before pressing out to the festival area. Now it's Harvey's party next weekend via intracoastal waterway to Elizabeth City this weekend, and some as I type, are at the OM docks listening to Tom Petty who is playin' inside the NTelos Pavillion (small amphitheater). So many options, so little time. So far a great and very busy summer

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-12-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
while our illustrious leader fell out of a boat and into the water......TWICE!!!!
I only fell in the water once, and that was trying to fly over 10ft of water onto the "taxi trampoline" for a ride to dinner. The other time, I feel off the deck of my boat into the cockpit.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

Reckless, I understand our "discussion" about who had the most boats there may have gotten out of hand. I hope I didn't say anything to offend..
Old 06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Not at all...I thought it was a hoot and banter in good fun. Got everyone woke up and excited just before the fireworks as intended. Now when you all were screaming back at me on the dock all at once, I problably couldn't hear the real juicy stuff anyway.... Plus I was laughing too hard...

We (HRPA) probably blew our wad at the cove earlier (7 hours worth), and a bunch had slips at Ocean Marine for both nights. That coupled with Frankie being pierside on the Tiara changed things up a bit for the locals not knowing what to expect. I was ""supposed" to go back home around 6pm originally after a few hours of some raftup time (as others were too) and drive over with the wife for the dock party, but since we stayed at the cove extra long I decided to get it over with early or get stuck (like I tend to do) and be in trouble. Got lots to do this year, so I have to keep the peace. But as fate would have it ended up she wasn't quite over the stomach bug she had picked up the day before (reason why she didn't come on the boat) and ultimately didn't feel comfortable doing the pier scenario. Sad part is she tried to call me to catch me before I left Waterside to say stay and hang, but alas I was on plane blasting away with the phone in the glovebox out of earshot. Oh well, I had a blast in spite of the dynamics, cups always half full with me...

Next weekend it's an all day run to Harvey's annual party overnight for a large group of people, but again as fate would have it for me, it's high school graduation day for a nephew and other friends children with party's afterwards. Yep the wife has us booked all day Saturday. The week after is the famous Cock Island sailboat race up and down the Elizabeth River (very impressive visually). Looks like there might be another raftup next to Tidewater Harborfest style to hang and watch. Then there's a big party ashore. Also one or two is talkin' about the Coles Point PR same day. Too much to do in so little time...Wonder what the poor folks are doin'?....

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-13-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Wonder what the poor folks are doin'?....
We're trying to get better jobs, and move to the area
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
We're trying to get better jobs, and move to the area
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Let me know if anyone decides to do Coles Point and I can provide logistics...