Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA >

Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA

Notices

Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA

Old 06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA

I'm originally from Treasure Island, just outside St. Pete, and I'm trying to figure out a way to get back down there.
Might want to take a look.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does it really cost to live in Miami - Boca? Not everyone down there is a billionaire.

Is there anything nice on the water for a million?

The blue water and hour trip to the bahamas is VERY appealing but I'd hate to get there and hate due to lack of funds. I'm not expecting a penthouse in Trump's new building, just somewhere nice.

Forgive my ignorance, I have only been in FL for 9 months.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

Miami and Boca are worlds apart (30 miles)....so take sometime and cruise the coast to get an idea of what is there and what is going on. Also you can check out real estates on line to get an idea of prices on houses.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered

I've been down there both by boat and car a couple times. Never really in depth though. We spent the night in WPB and have had lots of fun in Ft. Lauderdale. I don;t know the lay of the land well enough to know where to live though.

We are originally from Wash. D.C. and the best places to live are a few minutes outside the city. I am sure FL is the same way.

We'll give wherever we end up the thourough review before we move again.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dave, Poor comparison since Placido Bayou is a non-boating community. My sisiter in law lives there and there are lakes but no boating bodies of water.

SE Florida is the prime spot but expensive compared to west coast. East Coast you may need spanish but in Tampa you may need to know Ebonics. I also don't like the brown water of the Gulf of Mexico. Your budget will determine the best spot to live/ work and boat. East coast has blue water and Bahamas an hour away if you wanted to go boating to the islands.

Someone mentioned Port St. Lucie a few posts back......That is Port St Loser as in anyone who could not buy in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County ended up in PSL. My buddy built new up there 2 years ago and hates it. Nice house, decent neighborhood but losers for neighbors.
Where is the brown water. I just ran from Hudson to Caladesi Island and the water was clear and blue. It was a great ride.

Heading to St Pete for some boating in a couple days. Great area for running a boat around.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Heres what about 900k will get you in Ft. Lauderdale

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Home...8&lnksrc=00001
Would rather spend $900K on that Lauderdale home over what my area offer's in that range.

example: http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=75&locallnk=yes&frm=byzip&mnb ed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&fi d=so&stype=&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&areaid=98801&poe=real tor&zp=98801&sbint=&vtsort=&sorttype=&typ=1&x=19&y =12&sid=06C561A3155FC&pgnum=8&snumxlid=1058712686& lnksrc=00001
Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

K,
Thinking about moving already? I know Cocoa Beach is not the best for night life, BUT it is still one of the best/cheapest coastal communities in FL. I had the live anywhere in FL. it would be right here. If I were you, I'd go check out WPM, Miami, and Tampa St/Pete, Ft. Myers area during the week and see what their TRAFFIC, etc is like and look @ some waterfront properties, and then start your selection process. You will have to go experience it for yourself.
Good Luck,
Dean
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
K,
Thinking about moving already? I know Cocoa Beach is not the best for night life, BUT it is still one of the best/cheapest coastal communities in FL. I had the live anywhere in FL. it would be right here. If I were you, I'd go check out WPM, Miami, and Tampa St/Pete, Ft. Myers area during the week and see what their TRAFFIC, etc is like and look @ some waterfront properties, and then start your selection process. You will have to go experience it for yourself.
Good Luck,
Dean
Maybe. Maybe Not. Mostly depends on how this deal with the business goes down.

When I moved down the plan was to complete the year contract I was under then move the business down south. Now that things are changing the plan may be changing too. I honestly don't know yet.

If we buy around here it is going to take $700k+ to buy anywhere nice and we still only have a limited number of options for stuff to do. If that $700k+ buys somewhere just as nice somewhere else with a quabillion things to do it may be better spent.

I think Angela and I are both kinda in small-town shock. I went from DC (HUGE) to Cincinatti (BIG) to Cocoa Beach (TINY). We go to Orlando at least once a week just to see buildings over 4 stories j/k

On a completely different note, what's new with the boat?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I vote for Apollo Beach. Here is what $900,000 will get you in mine and FeverMike's development. http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...2&lnksrc=00001

It is about a five minute idle to Tampa Bay thru the canals. I lived in Miami for 20 years and would never go back there. Anywhere in Tampa Bay area is nice from Sarasota north to St Pete.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I vote for Apollo Beach. Here is what $900,000 will get you in mine and FeverMike's development. http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...2&lnksrc=00001

It is about a five minute idle to Tampa Bay thru the canals. I lived in Miami for 20 years and would never go back there. Anywhere in Tampa Bay area is nice from Sarasota north to St Pete.
Other than the tiny lot that place is perfect. Exactly the type of thing we're looking for.

Quick Reply: Best place to live / boat / work / play IN FLORIDA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.