Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OPA Point Pleasant Race Info. Wanted (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132483-opa-point-pleasant-race-info-wanted.html)

DelawareRiverRunner 06-11-2006 11:02 PM

OPA Point Pleasant Race Info. Wanted

I am planning to watch the races on Sunday. Where is the best place to see the races from on land? Where are the dry/wet pits located? Can someone give me directions from Route 70 at Mantoloking Road to both locations? Probably pretty close on both accounts.

THANKS for the help and info.

Fast Shafts 06-11-2006 11:16 PM

Re: OPA Point Pleasant Race Info. Wanted

DRR,
The best spot to watch the races is from "Jenkinsons" pavillion on the Point Pleasant board walk. Many spectators watch the boats go out the Manasquan inlet, and then make a mad dash for Jenkinsons to watch the start, Its probably an 1/8 mile from the inlet to Jenkinsons.
The wet and dry pits are on Mantoloking Rd. at what use to be called Traders Cove marina, I think it may now be called Mantoloking Cove Marina. The Marina (pits) are 3-4 miles from Jenkinsons.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-11-2006 11:20 PM

Click here for some info.
Take some time to scroll down for some past race photos.

Access the OPA site by clicking on the logo.

Dry Pits: Mantoloking Cove Marina just west of the Mantoloking bridge on your right.
Coming from Route 70 head east on Cedarbridge Ave.
Cedarbridge changes into Mantoloking Road. Go all the way to the end. About 5 to 6 miles.

DelawareRiverRunner 06-11-2006 11:30 PM

If I was coming out of Kurt's driveway...I would be making a right...correct?? Just want to make sure...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-11-2006 11:40 PM

Yes....

DelawareRiverRunner 06-12-2006 11:50 AM

THANKS SHARKEY and Bob...I checked it out on Mapquest. Hope to see you guys there!

Fast Shafts 06-12-2006 12:40 PM

DRR,
I'll be running a yellow Sunsation called "Lock'D Up" P6-6, stop by and introduce yourself!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-12-2006 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
DRR,
I'll be running a yellow Sunsation called "Lock'D Up" P6-6, stop by and introduce yourself!

The name fits you perfect Bob! :drink:

DelawareRiverRunner 06-13-2006 12:06 PM

Bob,

We'll do. I should be there with my father. We will be the 2 "misfits" or "wannabes" looking out of place. I just love the boats and the sport.

In response to Tim's comment, did you spend some time behind bars or are you a locksmith by trade possibly?

Phil T 06-19-2006 02:13 PM

Can anyone advise on the best spot to view the race from the water? Also, what time is the race scheduled to begin, and when must pleasure boats be out of the inlet by in order to get in position to see the racers exit the inlet?

I appreciate any help as I have seen the races several times from land but this is the first time I will be doing so from my boat.

Thanks