Notices

26 Scarab?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26 Scarab?

Does any body know anything about these boats? Just curious about value, quality, ride, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Chris; 09-19-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: 26 Scarab?

What year and model??

Last edited by kmiller; 09-18-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1996 or 1997
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered

my neighbor has 1 that is just sitting and rotting
good hulls , i believe his is a cv hull.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Registered

Chis, I had a 96 with a 525sc Blower motor in it. It was a great boat!! I really liked the way it rode and handled big water! I made alot or poker runs in it and it never gave me a problem. The only draw back to it for me was that there was not alot of cabin space in it. Other than that, I loved it. I could keep up with other boats alot longer than mine, even in the rough chit. Of course I was out of the water alot more than them but it always flew pretty flat and I could always tell what it was going to do. It was predictable and very forgiving for a boat it's size! One other good thing about them is they did not use wood stringers in the boat so they should never rot out on you. I always liked all the Scarabs and never figured out why they quit building them. Maybe they will start again sometime. If you would like more info feel free to PM me. I would be glad to help if I can.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at a 1996 26' Scarab, and was really disappointed in it, the graphics were stickers, that were actually pealing off, also the cabin was made of really cheap materials. Last the one I looked at had some type of silent exhaust that would have to be removed all togather to even hear the 502. I didn't like it at all, also it had a big winshield that was wobbly.

Just my take

WILL
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Registered

All Minor adjustments! The integrity of the boat is good though!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Registered

Weren't these pretty rare or low production boats? Does anyone know the exact production numbers? I saw one at a marina (on land/trailer) about 20 minutes from me in Tullytown, PA. I am not sure if it was for sale or not. Had aero scoop...so something good power wise should be under there!

Does anyone have pics and info. on the F-29 Scarabs? What years were they built and just how many were made? My interest was kindled after seeing 2 of these at the RTB Poker Run in MD a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with customtouch. The boat if it is in good condition is a great lake boat. Handles the 1-2 chop fine and take some 2-3 foot swells nice. It's like any othe boat, yes even a ciggie will look like chit if not taken care of. I have had mine for two years, easy to take care of, low maintenance and mid to high 60's easy, pure stock from the factory! fun and you still afford to buy FUEL!
Almost all boat graphics are vinyl... they all peel, they all fade. I replaced mine with some SCARB lettering for 100 dollars.
As far as quality of materials in interior, on a scale of 1-10 I would rate them 7. It's small so you ain't going to live in it. Storage and a stabbin' cabin only.
The exhaust is an easy one to fix, it'll cost you about 500-1000 to have it loud, so what. If the boat is in good shape and you can get the boat for 30-35K buy it. Most people that have these entry level go-fast boats don't beat the crap out of them. If it hasn't been abused you could feel safe wit 300 hours on the boat. Check to see if the engine and drive are the original ones. If it has been abused try to get it at 25K. Scarab is a great boat... too bad they don't make them any more.
SAR
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Registered

You are probably thinking of the F1 Larry Smith 26 Scarab. They only made five of those and they are completly dfferent! Very narrow with a single step. They were very fast but a handfull to drive! I rode in one and it was not a warm cozy feeling at 80 plus!! The welcraft 26 was in prodution from 96 to 98 I think, and they made quite a few but I don't know how many.

Quick Reply: 26 Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.