Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nor-tech 4300 Supercat "Cat'astrophe" Debuts at Nor-tech North' Rescue Run For Cancer >

Nor-tech 4300 Supercat "Cat'astrophe" Debuts at Nor-tech North' Rescue Run For Cancer

Notices

Nor-tech 4300 Supercat "Cat'astrophe" Debuts at Nor-tech North' Rescue Run For Cancer

Old 06-14-2006, 03:44 AM
cloke

Default Re: Nor-tech 4300 Supercat "Cat'astrophe" Debuts at Nor-tech North' Rescue Run For Cancer

BOB
With all the use you give your boat would you prefer to make it constantly quiet. I have choice on my boat but like the noise so far.Owners of marina where I park Sea Ray have put notices in all the neighbouring yachts that I will be noisey for month and will go quiet permanently therafter.
Do you have preference?

Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Nor-tech 4300 Supercat "Cat'astrophe" Debuts at Nor-tech North' Rescue Run For Cancer

Hi Alec, as you know, I run full time mufflers on my daytona so I dont pissoff the neighbours so to speak. I like the noise, I think your cat sounds awsome but most of the general public won't. I would rather let her crackle but mufflers are a small price to pay for not having to deal with the strict noise laws many of the states have adopted to satiate the complainers.

Maybe running your switchable system will keep the marina yachters off your back?????

Sean

PS, engine compartment pics???

[email protected] please
Old 06-14-2006, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cloke
BOB
With all the use you give your boat would you prefer to make it constantly quiet. I have choice on my boat but like the noise so far.Owners of marina where I park Sea Ray have put notices in all the neighbouring yachts that I will be noisey for month and will go quiet permanently therafter.
Do you have preference?
Alec,

After 20 yrs of no mufflers I'm ready to try quiet for a change.I will let you know after this weekend what I think of it. Noise is becoming an issue just about everywhere we go so I figure I might as well get legal. I have constant ringing in my ears and have suffered some hearing loss. I'm sure that it is a direct result of having spent over 3,500 hrs. on these boats. My turndowns can come off in half an hour if there is a run that is not noise sensitive and if that is what I want to do. We will see.
Bob

P.S. - nice pic - I like red !!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:02 PM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alec,

No matter how quiet your exhaust is, that paint is so loud....BTW....aerial shots from the run are viewable in low res now online. I'll have the url in the morning.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful Boat, Nor-Techs always impress me. You are a lucky man to call that boat your's. Good luck, enjoy, and be safe.

And by the way no one with one or two posts should EVER be allowed to post an azzwipe question on a thread about an awesome boat builder

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 06-14-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:15 PM
cloke

BOB
Had Ray and Burt run boat up Couch tonight.LOUD!!!! Way louder than United Nations Took it to 130 Everyone on lake and half of Orillia heard that boat.
Cant tell yourself when you are always in boat how public see it Now I know for sure police will be part of my summer

Old 06-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to Geo Bay...loud is proud!!!!

can't wait to see the boat
Old 06-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alec, does that mean Dorset is out of the question this year ?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 PM
cloke

When is Dorset and are the launch ramps OK How long is run How long is longest leg?